Thread: walther classus power level

walther classus power level

Hi all just got a brand fire new classus in .177 bought as full power but only doing 10ft lbs,any body else found this. very happy with gun in general just a but concerned about about low power.
    Cheers Pete.
    ripley ar5s
    aa ev2 Bushnell Elite 8-32x40
    castle ftc

What pellet are you using?

Some guns will have fairly tight piston seals from new. It will probably take a few hundred shots to bed it in a bit, and the power should creep up. Also different pellets will give different power. Try checking a few

Put couple of hundred exacts through her up to now ,stripped her down the other day and piston seemed quite loose although I understand that under acceleration seal will probably open.
    ripley ar5s
    castle ftc

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Put couple of hundred exacts through her up to now ,stripped her down the other day and piston seemed quite loose although I understand that under acceleration seal will probably open.
    JSB Exact are a little on the heavy side for a sub-12 ft/lb springer - try the lighter JSB RS and/or Express...

miller,

Give the rifle a little time to bed (500 pellets or so) in then re-chrono.

There is nothing wrong with 10 ft.lb

I have recently adjusted my ultra-short stroked 0.177 TX200 from 10.8 to 10 ft.lb, and it shoots sublimely at the lower level.

+1 on the JSB Express : for most of my springers, the JSB Express are the pellet of choice, giving the best and most consistent grouping out to 50 meters.

Have a peek on Chairgun, and you will see there is very little trajectory difference between a 10 & 11 ft.lb rifle.

(in 0.177, using JSB Express, there is a 1/2 inch difference at 50 meters !)

As a general default, I try to set the target output of my springers to 10.5 ft.lb, and am now experimenting with 10 ft.lb.

So far, I have found no downsides with the TX at 10 ft.lb. - benefits are reduced cocking effort, and sweeter shot cycle.

(I always try and make sure the rifle is 'balanced' at these output levels)

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Last edited by PhatMan; 16-09-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Cheers Russ gun will probably nudge up a bit with 7.9s anyway. Will let it run in for a while ,firing cycle is sweet.
    ripley ar5s
    castle ftc

For whatever reason accupel at 7.9grains give increased velocities in most guns I've tried them in.

If the Classus is similar to the Terrus that I own , it needs a little time .
    I'm getting 11.4 using JSB Exacts 8.44gr
    I have done a little polish and put in a sleeve .
    The firing cycle is very smooth.
    Last edited by Alakar; 16-09-2017 at 12:23 PM.