Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get .223 Brass

Where to get .223 Brass

Just started reloading for my ne 223 and after a large quantity of good quality once fired brass, anyone know if there is any places that sell it.

I found this place https://www.armymad.co.uk/category/Bullet+Cases I had some 308 brass off him once that was really good, but the 223 stuff he sells is all mixed head stamps, would prefer it all the same.

Thanks

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

you have pm

Try Myles at MBR Sporting.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    You may be able to pick up GGG brass at the NSC. I keep getting given the stuff that rapidly gets re-cycled into AR ammunition.

GGG brass is actually fairly good and often re-loaded, its not Lapua but with care its fine and quite tough stuff.

It is very easy to tell if it has been twice fired as its primers are ring crimped and the primers have a red laquer seal....so you will have to remove the crimp as well.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    You may be able to pick up GGG brass at the NSC. I keep getting given the stuff that rapidly gets re-cycled into AR ammunition.

GGG brass is actually fairly good and often re-loaded, its not Lapua but with care its fine and quite tough stuff.

It is very easy to tell if it has been twice fired as its primers are ring crimped and the primers have a red laquer seal....so you will have to remove the crimp as well.
    Removing the crimp is a bit of a PITA but not so much if you have a drill and the correct tool which will cost about seven quid, the good news is you only have to do it once and the brass is worth it because its pretty good quality and annealed well. One thing to be aware of if you do go the GGG / surplus route is the brass is generally thicker walled than commercial brass so you will get more pressure more quickly, general advice is you should lower max load by 1 grain.

Other than that just keep an eye out on the for sales section on here and on the stalking directory as once fired comes up quite regularly which is the beauty of 0.223!
    Thanks for looking

Take a look at egun.de.
    All done by bank transfer but excellent service and not experienced any problems.

I recently bought 2000 once fired RWS .22 Hornet cases for re-sizing to .17 Hornet.
    All came out like new when cleaned, and re-sized and fire formed without issue.

A few vendors sell mixed bags of 500 or 1000 once fired brass for around 100 Euros. You should find a few hundred of the same make in a batch that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Removing the crimp is a bit of a PITA but not so much if you have a drill and the correct tool which will cost about seven quid, the good news is you only have to do it once and the brass is worth it because its pretty good quality and annealed well. One thing to be aware of if you do go the GGG / surplus route is the brass is generally thicker walled than commercial brass so you will get more pressure more quickly, general advice is you should lower max load by 1 grain.

Other than that just keep an eye out on the for sales section on here and on the stalking directory as once fired comes up quite regularly which is the beauty of 0.223!
    Got a Dillon superswage mate and the AR is suitably proofed..chambered It gets binned after 5 uses anyway Scott.

GGG is not bad brass. Saw some shocking empties left on the range yesterday (.223) nearly all with pierced/blown primers and bolt thrust marks....oh dear

Got a Dillon superswage mate and the AR is suitably proofed..chambered It gets binned after 5 uses anyway Scott.

GGG is not bad brass. Saw some shocking empties left on the range yesterday (.223) nearly all with pierced/blown primers and bolt thrust marks....oh dear
    weren't mine ! and couldn't be Scotts he would have reloaded them
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    weren't mine ! and couldn't be Scotts he would have reloaded them
    If they carry on loading like that Ken trashed brass will be the least if their worries. I think it was from the CSR Urban contact mate anyway

If they carry on loading like that Ken trashed brass will be the least if their worries. I think it was from the CSR Urban contact mate anyway
    some of your F Class buddies changing discipline?
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

I bought some once fired Norma .243 not far off what you're describing, not impressed!!
    Thanks for looking

I bought some once fired Norma .243 not far off what you're describing, not impressed!!
    yup that was pretty ugly stuff! and not once fired either from memory

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    I remember that.

Once fired my arse, the Norma factory tends to use Norma primers in their ammunition for a start...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    I remember that.

Once fired my arse, the Norma factory tends to use Norma primers in their ammunition for a start...
    Indeed, I may pick out the best ones and turn them into disposable creedmoor cases for when catching brass is less than practical!

The fed brass is going strong now it's been annealed so going to turn some more .243 into 6.5 CM, keep me busy until the 25-45 shows up
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    some of your F Class buddies changing discipline?
    One that I know of shoots both...Words have been had The problem is that if you get it wrong with an AR it bloody well jams so you are often better off going for a decent accuracy load that extacts nicely.