Thread: The Webley & Scott Vulcan Air Rifle -- A Vox-Pop History

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Beautiful. Thank you for sharing/showing.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Superb... i love a nice tyro stock
    Donald

Really nice stock .
    How does the gun perform with that short barrel?

The gun is very accurate. The original action would never group I'm sure the original action's full length barrel was duff: pellets, even proper wasps, dropped about 5mm into the breech.

This short barrelled action is very sweet to shoot and groups well with JSBs.

I had a Tasco 4 x 40 on the for a while and an Edgar Brothers 2-7 x 32 clone of the Tasco AG of the same spec. I found it very easy to shoot FT knock downs out to 30 yards standing. It is a .22. I've got another scope coming soon so one of the above will go back on the Vulcan.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Still have my .177 Vulcan mk1, barrel was chopped to carbine length and a muzzle brake put on it @1990, had a tune done then and although I don't shoot it much today it still gets @11ftlb. One problem I had with mine was the barrel slipping back in the breech block so I would lose air at the breech seal. Ended up having to press it back in place and then use the two rear sight holes with grub screws tightened down on the barrel to keep it in place works ok. I remember when I got this thing it was the first nice springer I owned. Glad I still have it!

My Vulcan tune is a great success its one of the nicest guns to shoot I have .

Its doing about 10.5 fpds in .22 .

I put the orange seal from knibbs in and it seems to need to warm up first shot down near 10 slowly creeps up over the shot string till it stabilizes around 10.5 after about 5 shots .

Its a bit like the green vmach seal in my 97.

Also I have worked out the correct way to shoot with the trigger , center of the pad of your finger and a faster snap rather than a gentle squeeze like with my record triggers.
    As soon as I did this my groups halved in size .

I'm using a MKI .22 with early Tasco red dot for snap shooting practice. Trigger worked shotgun style. Still tough, but with practice gives a no yank let off.