Thread: The Webley & Scott Vulcan Air Rifle -- A Vox-Pop History

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post

I still very much doubt the max total of 110 produced for the Vulcan SE.
    You see them far too often for that. They were listed for sale from 1980 upto 1984. Thats way too long for 110 pieces.
    It might be that the late Series 1 SE's were limited to 110 but I dont think the Series 2 were limited to 110.
    Pitty its nowhere to trace exactly, as the webley bible isnt very clear about it either, the 110 sentence only speaks of the Series 1
    Hi. Yes, the 'Special Edition' (SE) variants were limited to what we now know as the series one Vulcan, but sorry, to say there may have been more than 110 is quite quite wrong. Here is why. As stated, each version of the Vulcan (I, II, and III) came with a walnut stocked Deluxe version. They also all came as a Custom version, too ...

From the Series II Vulcan onwards, the aforementioned Custom Versions were also called the 'Special Export' model. This got abbreviated by the trade to SE.

This is where the confusion comes in, as the ORIGINAL Vulcan SE was the Special Edition model, and as stated in the opening post, ALL Special Edition examples have their own specific serial number range starting with a nine (9) and there were only ever 110 of these manufactured.

All the Vulcan Special Export variants have serial numbers which slot straight in to the running sequence of serial numbers, and run into their thousands. Hope this clarifies and helps: G.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 17-09-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: house keeping.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.