Thread: The Webley & Scott Vulcan Air Rifle -- A Vox-Pop History

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can anyone tell me how much difference the better trigger would make to my mk2 Vulcan .
    I am really enjoying shooting it since v the rebuild and its challenging to get a good group but is possible.
    I have herd about fitting a different trigger spring and will give that ago as it's free .
    I am shooting it alongside my recently tuned up and restored hw35 and that is, easier to get good groups with but not quite as good as all my other HW rifles .
    I am worried as, soon as I get the, better stuff out I will need the trigger better on the Vulcan though the challenge is good at the moment and the gun shots, so well its a real pussy cat ,I got lucky and found a spring that's a perfect fit to the inside of the piston when compressed also the spring guides I had made up were slightly too large so I sanded them down to an exact fit .

Hi mate.. the two piece trigger doesn't really turn it into a 2 stage.. It basically means the first part of the travel is against spring pressure and the second part is against the sear which is under the regular spring pressure.
    I've changed out the regular one on every Vulcan variant uve had and it improved the trigger no end. The trick is to get a click pen with a pretty tough spring in it or to buy a spring with similar dimension but lesser wire diameter off egay. Youre looking for something just slightly less stiff than the stock one.
    Polishing the engaging surfaces of the trigger components as well as the slot in the piston when the main sear goes, really improves things.
    Donald

On a side note, I think I'm going to have a shot at making a tyrolean stock for a Vulcan project I have. I'm just going to build the stock up using fibreglass and then paint It! Why not. I'll be using the stock as seen at the April bash with the pigfox carved into It!!! ������
    Donald

Well you have nothing to lose using that stock ! but are you sure you want to ruin the lovely pigfox 😂😁

Ha ha.. the pigfox is close to extinction!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    Can anyone tell me how much difference the better trigger would make to my mk2 Vulcan .
    I am really enjoying shooting it since v the rebuild and its challenging to get a good group but is possible.
    I have herd about fitting a different trigger spring and will give that ago as it's free .
    I am shooting it alongside my recently tuned up and restored hw35 and that is, easier to get good groups with but not quite as good as all my other HW rifles .
    I am worried as, soon as I get the, better stuff out I will need the trigger better on the Vulcan though the challenge is good at the moment and the gun shots, so well its a real pussy cat ,I got lucky and found a spring that's a perfect fit to the inside of the piston when compressed also the spring guides I had made up were slightly too large so I sanded them down to an exact fit .
    The aftermarket trigger is actually a Stingray trigger. Stingray triggers are very good. Not as fine tunable as the uk Longbow/Tomahawk or Record but light and crisp.
    Ive had my Vulcan SE tuned and had it fitted with the aftermarket trigger too. Im awaiting its return.
    ATB,
    yana

I have used the stingray trigger unit on Vulcans c1 carbines and also on trackers and Ospreys
    My current Osprey hasn't got one because I hardly use it

I had a Vulcan Mk2 which i traded for a Mercury S after the article on the Mercury S by Rod Lynton....
    but i dont know.....that Vulcan may have been better...
    There was a lot of fuss regarding the heavy trigger at the time but i had modded mine quite easily with polishing, greasing and Beeman trigger shoe...
    That Mercury S was a good gun though....its weird i havent heard of Vulcans for years before the arrival of this thread..
    I thought i was the only one who liked em....and too embarassed to mention them on the board lol.
    Seems lots of others liked them too.
    I particularly liked the neat snub finish at the receiver and handy safety.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    ?
    Hi clarky, better out the closet than in (lol ) ... Vulcan lovers of the world unite.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ?
    Hi clarky, better out the closet than in (lol ) ... Vulcan lovers of the world unite.
    lol..ok
    It is odd that no one ever mentions them .....

Bit more Vulcan love from me .
    Tonight I got a real grip on the trigger started doing one hole groups at 12 yards .
    That's the, standard trigger no mods just me working out the feel for it .
    I had been snapping it as a way to get better groups but I found it does have a predictable let off tonight it just takes a lot of pressure to get there before you let it break.
    So its currently shooting more accurate than my hw35 though its not as good as the rest of my HW springers I used my 99 for the first tine in a while and that's just PCP easy after shooting more challenging springers for a while.
    I used to shoot a .22 then follow up with a .177 and the challenge was to not make the holes bigger .