Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Webley & Scott Vulcan Air Rifle -- A Vox-Pop History

Superb... i love a nice tyro stock
    Donald

Really nice stock .
    How does the gun perform with that short barrel?

The gun is very accurate. The original action would never group I'm sure the original action's full length barrel was duff: pellets, even proper wasps, dropped about 5mm into the breech.

This short barrelled action is very sweet to shoot and groups well with JSBs.

I had a Tasco 4 x 40 on the for a while and an Edgar Brothers 2-7 x 32 clone of the Tasco AG of the same spec. I found it very easy to shoot FT knock downs out to 30 yards standing. It is a .22. I've got another scope coming soon so one of the above will go back on the Vulcan.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Still have my .177 Vulcan mk1, barrel was chopped to carbine length and a muzzle brake put on it @1990, had a tune done then and although I don't shoot it much today it still gets @11ftlb. One problem I had with mine was the barrel slipping back in the breech block so I would lose air at the breech seal. Ended up having to press it back in place and then use the two rear sight holes with grub screws tightened down on the barrel to keep it in place works ok. I remember when I got this thing it was the first nice springer I owned. Glad I still have it!

My Vulcan tune is a great success its one of the nicest guns to shoot I have .

Its doing about 10.5 fpds in .22 .

I put the orange seal from knibbs in and it seems to need to warm up first shot down near 10 slowly creeps up over the shot string till it stabilizes around 10.5 after about 5 shots .

Its a bit like the green vmach seal in my 97.

Also I have worked out the correct way to shoot with the trigger , center of the pad of your finger and a faster snap rather than a gentle squeeze like with my record triggers.
    As soon as I did this my groups halved in size .

I'm using a MKI .22 with early Tasco red dot for snap shooting practice. Trigger worked shotgun style. Still tough, but with practice gives a no yank let off.

I have been spoilt with too many good triggers ,but trying to carefully find the let of on this trigger is a waste of time the trigger on my excorcet (turkish) is really good .

remember seeing one in target sports without the barrel gap and with a stock more like the stingray but it said Vulcan in gold on the compression tube I nearly bought it at the time Ian ( the manager ) said it was one of the last models of the vulcan before the stingray came out
    I.J. might remember it being in there , I think it came from the webley museum sell off
    Wish I had bought it now

Can anyone tell me how much difference the better trigger would make to my mk2 Vulcan .
    I am really enjoying shooting it since v the rebuild and its challenging to get a good group but is possible.
    I have herd about fitting a different trigger spring and will give that ago as it's free .
    I am shooting it alongside my recently tuned up and restored hw35 and that is, easier to get good groups with but not quite as good as all my other HW rifles .
    I am worried as, soon as I get the, better stuff out I will need the trigger better on the Vulcan though the challenge is good at the moment and the gun shots, so well its a real pussy cat ,I got lucky and found a spring that's a perfect fit to the inside of the piston when compressed also the spring guides I had made up were slightly too large so I sanded them down to an exact fit .

Hi mate.. the two piece trigger doesn't really turn it into a 2 stage.. It basically means the first part of the travel is against spring pressure and the second part is against the sear which is under the regular spring pressure.
    I've changed out the regular one on every Vulcan variant uve had and it improved the trigger no end. The trick is to get a click pen with a pretty tough spring in it or to buy a spring with similar dimension but lesser wire diameter off egay. Youre looking for something just slightly less stiff than the stock one.
    Polishing the engaging surfaces of the trigger components as well as the slot in the piston when the main sear goes, really improves things.
    Donald

On a side note, I think I'm going to have a shot at making a tyrolean stock for a Vulcan project I have. I'm just going to build the stock up using fibreglass and then paint It! Why not. I'll be using the stock as seen at the April bash with the pigfox carved into It!!! ������
    Donald

Well you have nothing to lose using that stock ! but are you sure you want to ruin the lovely pigfox 😂😁

Ha ha.. the pigfox is close to extinction!
    Donald

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Great thread Gareth !
    I've had two Mk. III K's in .22 Cal. And I really rated them. I used the first for general pest control in farms,
    factories and industrial premises to good effect.
    My Mate used a BSA Lightning at the time and as we shot together, we would "compete" for the best shot.
    Fond and happy memories for a smashing British spring air rifle ! An illustrious member on here and good friend (Johnbaz) now owns my second Vulcan .22 k these days and he may show you a picture ?

I somehow missed this thread!!

My Vulcan KS from B'rider, 'Tis a lovely little thing!

It has a stubby little moderator fitted in this pic..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

That's a cracker John... Is that one of those smk scopes that came out then seemed to disappear? I heard they were excellent
    Donald