Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued Weihrauchs ?

The HW80 Bavaria was short lived but its just a stock change so doesn't really count.

Weihrauch.

HW50S MK1 not that thing they make these day's and dare call a HW50. Mach 1 5

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The HW85 oldschool was nicer than the HW95 and the current HW85, with the screw-in back block rather than the tile system (who thought of that? its so weird)

Then there is the oldschool HW30 which has a longer stroke than the newer one, plus a couple of other differences I can't think of. All steel and no monkey metal I think.

The HW55 is gone for good, and that was the 'flagship' at one point. Some of the versions had a more sophisticated trigger - imagine that, a Rekord-breaker!

The 22" Export version of the HW35 is dead too. That was a nice rifle whatever people say about it.

The HW50 has already been mentioned. The new HW50 is not an HW50.

The Barracuda was for people with an FAC and a drug habit, so its probably best in a museum.

A real Weihrauch afficionado will regret the passing of the HW77 25mm piston version. The HW77 is in many ways the 'best' Weihrauch, and the 25mm piston one the sweetest shooting.

Some people think quality peaked in the mid 80s but probably there were good ones and bad ones in each generation.

Discontinued-Weihrauchs?

Steyr wrote: "That's because gas rams are even nastier than spring guns "

What do you mean? Nasty - good, or nasty bad?

I have two HW 90s [Theobens] which I like, but they have taken some effort and time to learn to shoot and there have been times I despaired i would ever master the beasts.

Jim

Via Ballarat
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Agreed! But, not wanting to start another tedious threads where opinions are peddled as facts, why still make the 35?
    Because they are superb rifles and discriminating folks still buy them...

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    It is, isn't it? The HW35 still being in production is roughly the equivalent of BSA still making the Airsporter, or Webley the MkIII.

And the HW70 spring pistol dates back to the early 70s - so it predates and has outlived the Webley Premier Mk2, Hurricane, Tempest, BSA Scorpion, etc.

Of course, there are no more factory Tyroleans, or (I think) walnut Export and Luxus stocks.
    The 35e still has a walnut stock but they're not the same grade as they once were. I'm wondering if a refinish could improve their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    The 35e still has a walnut stock but they're not the same grade as they once were. I'm wondering if a refinish could improve their appearance.
    Any factory finished stock can be improved upon with a bit of time and effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

Some people think quality peaked in the mid 80s but probably there were good ones and bad ones in each generation.
    A shrewd take on things I'd say; I recall the HW35 I bought in 1981 had such poor wood to metal fit along the action that you could slip a pipe cleaner under the compression tube. My old mate's left handed HW80 bought a couple of years later, one of the front stock screw lugs sheered off. The gunsmith kindly welded it back on and gave him back the gun with a melted piston seal!

No the woodwork on the new Exports is terrible. I bought this 'plank' brand new earlier this year.

https://imgur.com/SLZ6mnu

https://imgur.com/ifXx87L

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=12

True - I did have to oil it, a job that I enjoy, but I suppose HW leave it in the raw because some people like them that way and others, heretics, varnish them.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Because it still sells

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Because they are superb rifles and discriminating folks still buy them...
    Its the equivalent of still selling the Moggie Thou and it still being fit for the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    The gunsmith kindly welded it back on and gave him back the gun with a melted piston seal!
    You cant blame HW for the gunsmiths stupidity.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I would agree with this. I think the HW25 is discontinued as well.
    Can anyone confirm this ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    The HW70 was always crap, and should have been put to sleep years ago.
    I love mine, Phil.

As an added bonus, it reminds me of Captain Bongo every time I caress it!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I think its 1" stroke may have been the tiddler's downfall, John.

(See the Whoopsie Mr Gaylord thread ).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hw25

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    No, but it is no longer listed on Hermann's website.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Agreed! But, not wanting to start another tedious threads where opinions are peddled as facts, why still make the 35?
    Well, it's the short-stroke '80 isn't it?

When you think about it, the '80 is 10 years later, and a boringly plain Jane, lardy arsed, magnum collaboration with Bobby Beeman - made just for the Yanks... and perhaps a dozen FAC air shooters over here.

While the old '35 is a European spec rifle, for discerning Europeans whom can operate a barrel latch.