Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midland Game Fair.

Midland Game Fair.

Went today...oh dear not the show it used to be. Did have a nice chat with Nick Jenkinson and Air Arms show cased some of there old stuff...but like my old school report...could do much better!!. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 17-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

midland game fair

It used to be the best fair but sadly it has declined stopped going a few years ago and started going to the British shooting show much better day out

Just got back home. Arrived at 8:30 left at 6 time went quickly. Enjoyed the day, but you are right, its not what it was.

It went down the pan after 2007 all but two major distributors pulled out due to the massive tent prices leaving it to nothing more than a glorified car boot.
    This is the first year haven't been since 1991, much better is the British Shooting Show but they have problems as well.

I agree with Jon, the British Shooting Show is much better.
    Real shame about the MGF. I've been going for as long as I can remember and always promote it as much as I can - but sadly I think it's game over.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Im thinking of giving the British shooting show a go next year, is there a lot there, in regard to air rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Im thinking of giving the British shooting show a go next year, is there a lot there, in regard to air rifles?
    Yes mate, seemed a lot more last year when I went.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    If think the MGF is alright with around 6 air rifle related stuff the British Show you can times that by 20+, nearly all the major distributors are there manufacturers even fly in from Germany and a couple of other places to support the UK distributors.

Sounds good to me, count me in!

I used to love going to them, but they quickly they became less of a place to get a deal (although I did get a cracking deal from Stephen J Fawcett's on my .17HMR in ~2007) and more of a place to be robbed blind at the gate and on the stands.

Shame, really.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I used to love going to them, but they quickly they became less of a place to get a deal (although I did get a cracking deal from Stephen J Fawcett's on my .17HMR in ~2007) and more of a place to be robbed blind at the gate and on the stands.

Shame, really.
    I wasnt happy really ....im always pretty positive about stuff and give everything a chance ...also will not just fall in line with everyone elses comment for the sake of it......but i agree.
    £20 quid was taking the mick for that .....i had a pint and sandwich which wasnt none too bad but it was a weak fair for me . Not much in the way of stuff going on and very few trade stands with guns and sporting goods..
    If i had wanted a craft fair i would have gone to one and gone in free.....
    Did anyone see the really nice HW35k strapped up in the Barber clothing tent.
    It had a beaut of a stock but the price tag was higher than online store by 20 quid.
    Glorified car boot /craft fair with a band .....i wanted a gamefair not a festival day.
    I think its my last for a while.
    Last edited by clarky; 17-09-2017 at 03:13 PM.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    We went or the first time since about 2010/11, luckily we had tickets given to us as I would have been severely disappointed if I'd spent £40 for me a SWMBO to get in.

We used to help out on the MTC stand and always had a great crack, but both felt there was no real atmosphere, gone were the small friendly stands, not to be replaced, no banter between stands and shooters visitors.

I think it's gone too corporate, and where the smaller stands that would have had all sorts of individual stuff related to shooting have gone they have been replaced by tat almost poundland type places, luckily we didn't buy any of the rip off fudge that seemed to be in abundance.

Think we will try the shooting show next year.

On a brighter note we stayed at a very nice Marstons Inn in Telford

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The Shooting Show is the show for me these days, along with the Northern Shooting Show which suits my location !
    “An airgun or two”………

A proper game fair

A game fair should have top gun makers in attendance ....invited to show their wares.....a few hay bales and a range to try out new gear ....a mock stock stand with scopes attached to try out .....maybe 50 scopes...set up ...
    for people to try and promote the business...suppliers invited.
    Maybe a binocular manufacturer with various hunting suitable bins..
    Stick the crap band in a field for festival left winger types ....and give us some working dog displays ....
    Maybe a Turkey shoot with an old 410 ....a big beer tent ...with draught ales ...dreaming?

A catapult stand would be fun and perhaps a kids air rifle range with some Meteors or something..
    Aint hard is it ....or is it?

Wow-was it really that bad

Paul H-are you getting back into shooting?
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter