Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match rifle in 16J - how / where?

Match rifle in 16J - how / where?

Been looking at the top end Benchrest rifles, Steyr, Walter, and the anni 9015, but they all seem to be advertised as 7.5J versions. How can I get one of these Benchrest rifles in a 16J version? They all do a FT version in 16J, can the benchrest be ordered in 16J also? It's not clear on the websites.

Would really like something like the anschutz 9015 benchrest start, but it seems to be a 7.5J rifle, can this come as a 16J?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mrgeoff; 17-09-2017 at 07:01 AM.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Why do you want it at that power? They are set to 7.5J for a reason, I'd imagine the amount of people wanting more than that are few and far between.

Been done for decades just got to know where to approach.
    Quite a few have and are being used for BR locally and internationally to 100 yards.

Used one for 8 1/2 years rain, sleet or shine, sold 3 1/2 years ago then the sudden jump on the bandwagon this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
    Why do you want it at that power? They are set to 7.5J for a reason, I'd imagine the amount of people wanting more than that are few and far between.
    ????? They get used by hundreds of people in FT and HFT and target practice everyday.

A.G

Match-rifle-in-16J-how-where?

G'day,

I was just on another [US] air gun site [Air gun nation] and was chatting with a shooter who told me he is shooting an FWB 300 at about 600-650 fps with the power about 11.0 - 11.5 ft. pds. - around 15+ joules. I am darned sure the rifle did not come out of Germany at that power. He was shooting 7-8 grain pellets. I wonder, though, if the FWB 300 is engineered for greater power?

Jim

Via Ballarat
    Australia

have you looked at the RAW BM500. a dedicated benchrest gun set at 12 ftlbs. see Michael Tawn , check it out on his tawnado website.

Yes, 16J required for 25m and 50m benchrest.

I like the RAW BM500, would like it better with the big bottle, but that's an option.

So people know these benchrest rifles from the Germans exist, but not actually how to source them? (Who are the "right" people? )

Thanks!
    Thanks - Geoff.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Just buy what you want and get John Harris (he's been doing it for years - see above) to convert...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by NTSOG View Post
    G'day,

I was just on another [US] air gun site [Air gun nation] and was chatting with a shooter who told me he is shooting an FWB 300 at about 600-650 fps with the power about 11.0 - 11.5 ft. pds. - around 15+ joules. I am darned sure the rifle did not come out of Germany at that power. He was shooting 7-8 grain pellets. I wonder, though, if the FWB 300 is engineered for greater power?

Jim

Via Ballarat
    Australia
    How did he work that out, to get 11 to 11.5 ft lb with those .177 pellets they would have to be moving at over 800 fps. Am I misunderstanding something ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

G'day,

Jim

Via Ballarat
    Australia
    I may well be wrong but I thought 600-650fps is about right with a FWB 300 and if the pellet weighs 8gn 650fps is roughly 7.5ft/lbs (10 joules).

-Match-rifle-in-16J-how-where

G'day,

Whoops! I didn't check his maths. Your figures sound better. I have read of people claiming to boost the output of FWB 300, hence my wondering about the ability of the action to hold together.

Jim

Phil at The Rat Works is importing the 7.5 Joules version & Tench is converting them to sub 12ft/lbs. Have a chat with Phil.
    07530 212 212
    phil@theratworks.co.uk
    http://www.theratworks.co.uk

G'day,

Whoops! I didn't check his maths. Your figures sound better. I have read of people claiming to boost the output of FWB 300, hence my wondering about the ability of the action to hold together.

Jim
    I believe the FWB300 can be run at near 11 or so. I seem to remember hearing that an HW77 spring will do it for you. But then again I have been told that it is not a very good idea ..... and I have never tried it myself.
    Cheers, Phil

Hello to All,

Personally, I think that the standard FW300 does not have the swept volume to make 11 odd ft.lb no matter what spring you put in it.

Or is a secret 'Ox' spring that get the 11 ft.lb

I remember reading on the Interweb (I think it was a chappie somehwere in Scandinavia), that the '11' ft.lb FWB had a seriously modified piston & stroke, etc.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup, the swept volme might support around 8 Fp max. any more you need to increase the stroke (and make comp tube mods)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.