Thread: The Apache Fireball, a new article, a new website!

The Apache Fireball, a new article, a new website!

Hello fellow collectors!

Here is the first article to be published on our brand new website! It's a rewrite of our very first article that was published way back on January 1st, 2016 on Facebook. Much more research has gone into this article to bring it into line with the current level of standard that you have become accustomed to expect. The photographs have also been retaken to ensure they are of the current high standard too.

Do let us know what you think and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you could reply in the comments box on the website that would ensure everyone can see them whether they are BBS, Facebook members or not.

Oh and many thanks to Trevor of Trev's Airgun Scrapbook and Larry Hannusch for giving me their time and knowledge - oh and Danny for the introductions

Article is here: http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/pis...na-california/

Website is here: http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/

Plenty more articles to come!

All the best,
    Jimmie!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Very good job you've done there... most professional and even a non-Apache owner like me found it really interesting.

Wouldn't have seen it otherwise being another non-Faceache user (I'd rather haves my eyelids sewn shut first)

Can't wait to see the next article ...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Hello fellow collectors!

Here is the first article to be published on our brand new website! It's a rewrite of our very first article that was published way back on January 1st, 2016 on Facebook. Much more research has gone into this article to bring it into line with the current level of standard that you have become accustomed to expect. The photographs have also been retaken to ensure they are of the current high standard too.

Do let us know what you think and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you could reply in the comments box on the website that would ensure everyone can see them whether they are BBS, Facebook members or not.

Oh and many thanks to Trevor of Trev's Airgun Scrapbook and Larry Hannusch for giving me their time and knowledge - oh and Danny for the introductions

Article is here: http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/pis...na-california/

Website is here: http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/

Plenty more articles to come!

All the best,
    Jimmie!
    Yet another interesting, well researched and beautifully illustrated article, Jimmie. Thank you!

And good luck with the new website.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Jimmy, yet another great review and how to reseal these pistols, keep them coming. l have both the pistol and rifle sadly only the rifle is in working order. so l might give it a go at resealing the pistol sometime in the future.
    ATB,
    Mick.

Since writing the article both of my pistols leaked. One that I stripped for the article I merely put back together and appears to hold air now. The other was working then started leaking out of the barrel on each pump cycle. This turned out to be a chunk of brass that had somehow got onto the valve seal! I have cleaned this off and although a depression was left in the polyurethane, it now allows it to be pumped up. However, neither would fire any of my No.4 buckshot since reassembling. This could be that the lead balls are just too big. Something that a US friend confirmed that No4 can still jam and I noticed they needed a lot of force to push into the breech.

I intend to give some .22 Gammo lead BB a try. This may be too small and just roll out of the barrel.

I too have the rifle and it's a cracker. Something like 9ft/lbs although I read they are capable of much much higher and well over 12/ft/lbs. This one though is clearly within UK 12ft/lb limit. But it is smacking targets out to at least 2 yards with No4 buckshot.

I will try to get the follow up article with the rifle up soon but I am suffering with a potentially prolapsed disc in my neck which isn't a particularly pleasant experience and the doc just says take pain killers for the last 6 weeks.

All the best,
    Jimmie