The old BSA's like the Airsporter and Mercury, sure pointed nicely and the right weight for farm yard use. They were a bit iron site orientated stock cone wise.
Longbow would be a good one being an updated Omega.
Geeser said it well about the two styles of shooting.

Soldiers can handle heavier rifles as they are "rifle fit" having done all those upper body strength exercises like holding the rifles above their heads (not just a punishment).

My tuned 95 is very similar to a Sport in many ways, has the better trigger. Neither can compete with heavier rifles off the bench. Both "want" to shoot straight.

Some small weight forwardness isn't necessarily a bad thing to buck some wind; I quite like it. A light weight sound moderator is enough just to tip the balance.

Lastly lighter rifles are twitchy and with springers less forgiving when tied to the bench bags. I like a rifle that wants to shoot straight when standing. Practice enough and you can feel them shoot to hit what you are aiming at. Feel rather than deliberate. Match target shooting is all technical to be as dead as possible; sporting is alive all in tune.