Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TX200HC - is it a worthy purchase?

TX200HC - is it a worthy purchase?

I had a TX200 MK3 (full length, beech) which i owned for a week before selling it. I didn't like the weight, balance, feel, fiddly loading (compared to a break barrel). And to a lesser degree i didn't like the anti bear trap faff. But i now find myself hankering for a TX200HC in walnut...

Am i kidding myself that the balance will be better?
    Am i kidding myself that the 300g weight saving will make a nice difference?

I'd like to hear from those that have owned both the MK3 and the HC, and from current owners of the HC.

The use will be plinking, target plinking, hunting occasionally.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I had a .177 full length and now have a .22 HC. I am much happier
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I have an HC that I purchased a month ago in .177 Beech, Prefered the balance to the standard TX and have to say it is a great rifle to shoot, unfortunately I swapped another rife recently with a pro-sport which was a big mistake in the sense that my as new and mint TX200hc hasn't been touched since due to me falling in love with the pro sport, It will most likely end up in the sales section at some point
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Owned a few full length TX, s and a few HC, s over the years. Personally I prefer the full length, in .22 of course

I managed a short session with both versions (0.177's) at the club. Gotta say, I found the full length much better (easier?) to shoot. Steadier on target.

Any way you could try one out at a local club before dipping into your pocket?
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 17-09-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

All springers are better in 22.

The mags (target shooting orientated to a certain degree) converted us to 177.

I know the 177 flies fast and straight, but it isn't really pleasant to shoot.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Cheers guys.
    Think i might make an effort to get to the halloween boinger and see if anyone has a HC there. I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    For the record mainly shoot the girlie cal' .

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    Cheers guys.
    Think i might make an effort to get to the halloween boinger and see if anyone has a HC there. I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    For the record mainly shoot the girlie cal' .
    By the way, if you wish going non anti bear trap, a carefully placed o ring puts a stop to the mighty clacking.

Do so at your own risk and NEVER part company with the underlever whilst loading the pellet.

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    I had a TX200 MK3 (full length, beech) which i owned for a week before selling it. I didn't like the weight, balance, feel, fiddly loading (compared to a break barrel). And to a lesser degree i didn't like the anti bear trap faff. But i now find myself hankering for a TX200HC in walnut...

Am i kidding myself that the balance will be better?
    Am i kidding myself that the 300g weight saving will make a nice difference?

I'd like to hear from those that have owned both the MK3 and the HC, and from current owners of the HC.

The use will be plinking, target plinking, hunting occasionally.
    Balance and felt weight is less with the HC. cocking effort is increased marginally. lovely rifle the HC. the pinnacle of underlevers for me
    B.A.S.C. member

I have an HW 98 and a TX200HC in .22 . Both lovely guns and both highly accurate. The TX is really smooth.

A.G

I've had two TXs and a Prosport , all in 177, and they were good, but very hold sensitive, and I never really liked the CD tigger.

I was deterred from trying them in 22 because of the long stroke and my stupid bias against that calibre. People said they were sluggish and slow in 22.

I often wonder if I would have preferred them in the larger calibre.

All mine were in walnut stocks. Even the beech stocked ones are about 400 quid these days.

Guess I'll never know.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I've had two TXs and a Prosport , all in 177, and they were good, but very hold sensitive, and I never really liked the CD tigger.

I was deterred from trying them in 22 because of the long stroke and my stupid bias against that calibre. People said they were sluggish and slow in 22.

I often wonder if I would have preferred them in the larger calibre.

All mine were in walnut stocks. Even the beech stocked ones are about 400 quid these days.

Guess I'll never know.
    a well set up CD leaves the Rekord lagging well behind
    B.A.S.C. member

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    My .177 HC is one of my few keepers its got what it takes although I did have power problems from new so I fitted a vmach kit and that was worse, Steve very quickly sorted it with a special factory spring kit with a precision steel guide and a blue seal that he tested before sending it to me, that was about 8 years ago and still consistent and smooth and hard to miss with
    https://imgur.com/8HbKiRI

I really like it for long range plinking it's fun and quite and hard to fault.

Splendid guns Hunter Carbines (owned both cals) and if lucky enough to pick a nice piece of walnut, a thing of beauty and elegance. The highly polished, deeply blued metalwork is I think unsurpassed

They do handle quite differently from the full length TX.

From new, much nicer to shoot than un-tuned Weihrauchs and British made (apart from barrels and stocks!).

I admit I eventually parted with my Mk3 HC's, but only when I got hold of a nice old beech stocked Mk2 TX, best of the bunch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    My .177 HC is one of my few keepers its got what it takes although I did have power problems from new so I fitted a vmach kit and that was worse, Steve very quickly sorted it with a special factory spring kit with a precision steel guide and a blue seal that he tested before sending it to me, that was about 8 years ago and still consistent and smooth and hard to miss with
    https://imgur.com/8HbKiRI

I really like it for long range plinking it's fun and quite and hard to fault.
    This may sound like a joke, but it's not. The blue seal is possibly a Diana part. Back in 2000 I ordered some stuff from Maccari and there were 2 blue seals. They were marked Diana on the under side. Very soft and pliable as well as indestructible. I kept one in a TX for 50,000+ shots and only removed it because I thought it had to be old and worn out. Still around somewhere and still pliable. Maccari now makes his own version of the old blue seal and it's also every bit as good. The joke reference is that I know you love Dianas. I've seen the same seal in a 48, but it was much too large for a TX.