Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm back after 8 years! Kind of!

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    Or maybe a HW97

Haha make your mind up

Atb
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    That's the one mate, about 50 yards up that road (Newlands Lane), on the left.

I thought that had stopped!! But then again I might be thinking of the golf range! That's where I first started off, they got a nice little HFT course there still?

Atb
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Also.. Any decent budget scopes out there that will suit me for HFT? Cause I might just go straight back into pcp.. I loved it too much!

Atb
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Kenny on here (Subaru swift) shoots HFT and is close to you, he's a good bloke and wouldn't mind you dropping him a message. Maybe you could even drag him up north for a saturday as it's been a while since we've caught up.
    Cheers for them nice words Chris lad,,,, what you after now mate ?? . & Yes a meet up is a must soon.

However I spoke to Nick last night Chris about a few clubs what have been said on here all ready.
    & Nick as for scopes it will be best to look through a couple as there's some nice ones from £100 to £1k+ for HFT use. I use the Delta Optical Titanium 4.5-14×44 FFP HFT scopes on my main hft rigs, & hawke scope on my springer's, but the old vipers are still good scopes today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bop448 View Post
    I thought that had stopped!! But then again I might be thinking of the golf range! That's where I first started off, they got a nice little HFT course there still?

Atb
    Nick
    Yes mate, still going strong - I've been using that range since I was 14 which is, well, a long time ago...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Remember you really need .177 for hft especially in springer class.
    You must have half mil dot.

There is a big difference between tx200 and tx200hc .

If you are,a wide guy or have a bit of a belly or very good strength you might be OK with a tx200 however if you are, thinner or not as strong then txhc is the one the weight is much further back so doesn't wobble as much as the tx200 or a 97 .

But that just my opinion based on about a years testing with all three.

Lots of others will say tx200 is better but not for standers in my experience.

Also tx is easily as accurate as any PCP if you can shoot it well but much harder and more rewarding than PCP .

I have multiples of both but don't bother practicing with the PCP s you don't need to if you shoot springers alot .

Best scopes for my eyes is hawk panarama and high mounts suit my face with a standard tx stock just spend more time shooting 8,10,13,15 yards groups .

Tbh a tx with a scope is gonna be £250 to £300 and for a base level PCP is the same and you can fill up at the clubs for £1 a day so its not such a big problem .
    You could be looking at s200 ,s400,ultra,scorpion,etc for that money.
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 19-09-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    Remember you really need .177 for hft especially in springer class.
    You must have half mil dot.

There is a big difference between tx200 and tx200hc .

If you are,a wide guy or have a bit of a belly or very good strength you might be OK with a tx200 however if you are, thinner or not as strong then txhc is the one the weight is much further back so doesn't wobble as much as the tx200 or a 97 .

But that just my opinion based on about a years testing with all three.

Lots of others will say tx200 is better but not for standers in my experience.

Also tx is easily as accurate as any PCP if you can shoot it well but much harder and more rewarding than PCP .

I have multiples of both but don't bother practicing with the PCP s you don't need to if you shoot springers alot .

Best scopes for my eyes is hawk panarama and high mounts suit my face with a standard tx stock just spend more time shooting 8,10,13,15 yards groups .

Tbh a tx with a scope is gonna be £250 to £300 and for a base level PCP is the same and you can fill up at the clubs for £1 a day so its not such a big problem .
    You could be looking at s200 ,s400,ultra,scorpion,etc for that money.
    Thank you for your comment! And you've massive switched my mine to a pcp again.. I just don't think id be truely happy with a springer.. And yeah even though the s400 is entry level.. It's still up there with the best in my opinion.. I had great success with it because when I use to shoot. Thank you for your input!

ATB
    Nick
    TEAM 400V