Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back after 8 years! Kind of!

I'm back after 8 years! Kind of!

Hey all!!! So the last few weeks I've been thinking hard about getting back into air rifles.. It was by far my most favourite hobby and back when I had to quit was absolutely gutting for me.

Now.. I want to get back into HFT, at the moment, I don't have a great budget at all.. So I'm I'm thinking slinger.. AA tx200? Pro sport? HW95? What do you guys suggest? After going from a AA s410 to a springer, do you think I'd regret it?

Now I use to use the Viper 10-44 which I loved, but looking back at the prices it's like how did I ever afford all this stuff haha! Anyways! Is there anything out there at a decent price that will do the job?

And finally! I use to go to HFT comps with my mate cliff who doesn't shoot anymore either! I live in the Staffordshire area so can anyone suggest any clubs or HFT shoots around my area? I live in Cannock!

Thanks for any help guys!
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Hi Nick, i don't really shoot springers apart for once a year at a local charity shoot but have owned many over the years. You'll need the one with the least hold sensitivity as you'll know the different holds/positions required for HFT. I shot the MTC Viper for many years but have moved onto the 10x42 Sightron (half-mildot) as my eyesight isn't what it used to be and i find that i need better optics to compensate. Kenny on here (Subaru swift) shoots HFT and is close to you, he's a good bloke and wouldn't mind you dropping him a message. Maybe you could even drag him up north for a saturday as it's been a while since we've caught up.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Hey Chris! Thanks for you input! The reason I want to use a springer is cause I can't really afford all the extras of a pcp which is a shame cause I love pcp, and yeah I'll give him
    A message soon and ask him some stuff .

Thanks
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Hello and welcome back,
    If it's springers you're looking into it may be an idea to have run out to the Boinger Bash at Nuneaton, which isn't too far from you, on the 28-29th of October. There is a thread with information about it on the "General Airgun" section.
    I have a TX200hc in .177 you're welcome to have a little play with.
    Regards,
    Gary.

Thanks Gary! I'll have a look into that mate! What you think about the tx200? Decent?

Thanks
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Quote Originally Posted by Bop448 View Post
    Thanks Gary! I'll have a look into that mate! What you think about the tx200? Decent?

Thanks
    Nick
    I have a short stroke kit fitted to my hc so it's a little harder to cock than standard but for me it's a pleasure to shoot and accurate too.

Hi Nick,
    If you're in Cannock then your nearest club range will be Rough Wedge FTC (Sunday morning 9-1pm) £3 to shoot.
    Other 'informal FT/HFT' clubs in the immediate area that I can think of: there's Kinver ARC (great place and well worth a visit), Penkridge ARC, and great range is Dostill in Tamworth. Furnace Mill (furnace is a bit further but well worth the trip as it's a 'proper' HFT course). 'Proper' FT courses that I can think of: Milride FTC, Purley Chase and Far Coley - all a great day out.
    Someone will know more as there's quite a few around here.
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

And the GreyHound in Coventry of course - brilliant place.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Hi Nick,
    If you're in Cannock then your nearest club range will be Rough Wedge FTC (Sunday morning 9-1pm) £3 to shoot.
    Other 'informal FT/HFT' clubs in the immediate area that I can think of: there's Kinver ARC (great place and well worth a visit), Penkridge ARC, and great range is Dostill in Tamworth. Furnace Mill (furnace is a bit further but well worth the trip as it's a 'proper' HFT course). 'Proper' FT courses that I can think of: Milride FTC, Purley Chase and Far Coley - all a great day out.
    Someone will know more as there's quite a few around here.
    Cheers, Craig

Thanks Craig! Great info there! Where abouts is rough wedge mate?
    Thanks
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Actually.. Is it on the same road leading off the tip island and opposite newhall farm pub??

Thanks
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hi Nick & welcome
    As Gary said get down to the bash. Loads of rifles and a lot have been tuned.
    Just stand at the back of the poly tunnel and ask loudly "what's the best springer" stand back & watch the fight.
    Its the TX200 BTW

Pete
    Pete

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Welcome home, Nick, welcome home (lol ). Good luck with the springer shooting, too -- springers have far more soul than a PCP, so you will grow to love it . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Just stand at the back of the poly tunnel and ask loudly "what's the best springer" stand back & watch the fight.
    Its the TX200 BTW

Pete

Oh no it's not

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Its the TX200 BTW

Pete

Oh no it's not
    Or maybe a HW97

Quote Originally Posted by Bop448 View Post
    Actually.. Is it on the same road leading off the tip island and opposite newhall farm pub??

Thanks
    Nick
    That's the one mate, about 50 yards up that road (Newlands Lane), on the left.