Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucket-list rifles

I have three more rifles I definitely want in my collection, a mint mk1 or mk2 rapid, Steyr hunting scout 5 (Auto)......But as a couple of people have already suggested the one at the top of the list is an ISP Spartan with the works (engraved scroll work, colour case hardening, high grade walnut etc. )

Having spoken to Shaun I think the latter will be in the region of 3k, so I have some saving to do!

I'd love an SLR; doesn't matter which one, 88, 98 or L1A1.

Too many to list, but deffo a theoben euro 90, a proper venom hw80, a rapid, a tx200sr, a logun axsor, an SLR 98, a vintage BSA under lever......etc. In fairness this list varies hour to hour depending on my frame of mind. Although I can say having tried one now the BSA goldstar (olden days underlever kind) is unlikely to find its way back onto the list

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    I have an General Motors Inland M1 carbine. Made in July 1943. I had never shot the thing until a few years back and was amazed how accurate it was, with open sights at 50 yards. I rested it on my FT bumbag and managed a ragged hole at 50 yards with the last 6 bullets. Only had 100 rounds or so and didn't even think about shooting a group until I was nearly out of ammo. Amazing little gun. Only problem is the wondering how many men this thing may have killed. Once handled a 1941 MP40 and the same thought came mind. It was worse knowing it was used against the Allies.
    Don't worry it probably hurt no-one. In Afgan and Iraq apparently 250,000 rounds fired for every one that was effective. Second World war 50,000 I think. I just love the design of that little rifle, a bit restricted by the round ,but heh, 200 yds is a long way.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Holland and holland Enfield sniper rifle
    Skan bullpup
    SA Hunting
    Tuned hw80 first airgun I owned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Factory Left Handed Stocked Prosport in ANY caliber !
    More chance of getting Darth Vader's light sabre !
    They sell Vader's Sabre in Tesco....,
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    They sell Vader's Sabre in Tesco....,
    Surely the Vader Crimes Reduction Act makes it only legal for Registered Toy Dealers to sell these dangerous items?
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've already got a lot of the rifles I've hankered after but I still want a Airsporter RB2 Stutzen (I know where I can get one but my money is being spent elsewhere at the moment) for the collection, also the Diana 34 120th anniversary edition is still eluding me and maybe a walnut stocked Webley Tracker and a Venom Sidewinder compact and just to top it all off a RWS Excalibre carbine and that would be about it (but I'm sure there will be other's I've forgotten about).

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Surely the Vader Crimes Reduction Act makes it only legal for Registered Toy Dealers to sell these dangerous items?
    You must be correct...

https://www.tesco.com/direct/star-wa...?source=others

Obviously removed from sale to prevent such a crime
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The Eagle has landed!

The package arrived at headquarters today and Grant took some time out to take loads of pics to send to me. Bastard! Sticky finger marks all over my fiiiine gun!

There's some scratches to the wood, but that's easily fixed. He hasn't fired it as I didn't tell him how to gas, load and fire it. Mainly cos I aint got a clue!!

I can't wait for October!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The Eagle has landed!

The package arrived at headquarters today and Grant took some time out to take loads of pics to send to me. Bastard! Sticky finger marks all over my fiiiine gun!

There's some scratches to the wood, but that's easily fixed. He hasn't fired it as I didn't tell him how to gas, load and fire it. Mainly cos I aint got a clue!!

I can't wait for October!
    Hope you got the tube spanner.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've already got a lot of the rifles I've hankered after but I still want a Airsporter RB2 Stutzen (I know where I can get one but my money is being spent elsewhere at the moment) for the collection, also the Diana 34 120th anniversary edition is still eluding me and maybe a walnut stocked Webley Tracker and a Venom Sidewinder compact and just to top it all off a RWS Excalibre carbine and that would be about it (but I'm sure there will be other's I've forgotten about).

Pete
    Any reason you would go for the RWS Excalibre in carbine rather than full length? Apart from obviously being shorter

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Hope you got the tube spanner.

Baz
    Nope, nothing else in the box
    God rest ye jelly mental men

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Any reason you would go for the RWS Excalibre in carbine rather than full length? Apart from obviously being shorter
    I prefer the looks of the carbine but either length looks beautiful in that stock, same goes for the Rapier.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Venom Vantage 77
    Rapid MK2
    TX200SR