Thread: Daystate Planning To Stop Making The Huntsman RegaL ???

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep

Daystate Planning To Stop Making The Huntsman RegaL ???

Any one heard that Daystate are to planning to stop making the Huntsman Regal later this year ??? i was in my local gun shop today who is an agent for Daystate and that is what he told me
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post
    Any one heard that Daystate are to planning to stop making the Huntsman Regal later this year ??? i was in my local gun shop today who is an agent for Daystate and that is what he told me
    I very much doubt it it may be reincarnated as it has been many times i have a feeling it may be offered regulated like the compatto as brockok and Daystate are now one and the same
    the Huntsman has always been DS entry level rifle i cant see it being shelved . Although if the do i would bet brocok will come out with a classic sporter

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I very much doubt it it may be reincarnated as it has been many times i have a feeling it may be offered regulated like the compatto as brockok and Daystate are now one and the same
    the Huntsman has always been DS entry level rifle i cant see it being shelved . Although if the do i would bet brocok will come out with a classic sporter
    Or maybe it's so they can launch a few "Special limited anniversary edition" guns in the future?
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Or maybe it's so they can launch a few "Special limited anniversary edition" guns in the future?
    Will be good to see day state do a limited edition rifle...they have not done one for a few weeks

They are fools if they did so. It is by far their best and most affordable proper no frills air rifle.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    They always have and always will they sell so fair play . I would like to see a new regulated huntsman or a dare i say it electric huntsman

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Say what you like about Daystate, but commercially it's a business and they have sent it in the right direction profits wise, so they must be doing something right even if not everyone agrees with it. Just look at all the "great" companies who thought they were top notch but went to he wall as the accountants could not balance the books with the quality - SAAB, ASTON, ROLLS - none of them could hack it and either went under or were bought out by foreigners.

If sales of the Regal fall off Daystate will not hesitate to drop it like a stone and replace it with something else - it's just business.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Say what you like about Daystate, but commercially it's a business and they have sent it in the right direction profits wise, so they must be doing something right even if not everyone agrees with it. Just look at all the "great" companies who thought they were top notch but went to he wall as the accountants could not balance the books with the quality - SAAB, ASTON, ROLLS - none of them could hack it and either went under or were bought out by foreigners.

If sales of the Regal fall off Daystate will not hesitate to drop it like a stone and replace it with something else - it's just business.

James
    I'm sure daystate is owned by a foreign company

Did Daystate join the ranks of Rolls and Aston then?

In 2008 there is a significant change when Cd.Europe bought the British Daystate, world leader manufacturer in the production of PCP air rifles.
    http://marocchiguns.com/about/
    Last edited by bighit; 19-09-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    They always have and always will they sell so fair play . I would like to see a new regulated huntsman or a dare i say it electric huntsman

They had, yeas ago. The mk4

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

In 2008 there is a significant change when Cd.Europe bought the British Daystate, world leader manufacturer in the production of PCP air rifles.
    They are owned by the ' Diana Group ' ( nothing to do with Diana air rifles ) who also own Minelli and now Optisan/MTC I believe.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    They had, yeas ago. The mk4
    Or you can just drop in a Huma REG for less than £90.00 in the cylinder.

A.G

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Seems a shame if true, never had a Daystate but that's the one I would buy.
    Love the roll-over cheek piece on the butt !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    They are owned by the ' Diana Group ' ( nothing to do with Diana air rifles ) who also own Minelli and now Optisan/MTC I believe.

A.G

Daystate started in year 1978 as Private Limited Company with registration number 01395286. The Daystate company has been functioning successfully for thirty nine years now and its status is active. The firm's office is based in Stafford at Unit 3 Raleigh Hall Industrial Estate. Postal code: ST21 6JL.

The firm has 3 directors, namely Mauro Marocchi, Gervasoni Stefano Giovanni and Anthony Charles Belas. The youngest director - Gervasoni Stefano Giovanni was born on October 1972, the oldest - Anthony Charles Belas on July 1957. Of them, Mauro Marocchi , Gervasoni Stefano Giovanni , Anthony Charles Belas have been with the company the longest, being appointed on 12 May 2009. At present there are a few former directors listed by the firm. Their names might be found in the table below. In addition, there is one former secretary - Kenneth Roy Gibbon who worked with the the firm until 25 January 2000.

In accordance with the most recent update, Daystate Limited has 2 shareholders. Diane Investments S.a. is the holder of 40% of shares, Diana Inimobiliare Srl owns 60%. The total number of shares is 150 and the average share value is 1 GBP. As a result, company shares aggregated value equals 150 GBP.

If you look on the marocchi page Cd.Europe is still listed .http://marocchiguns.com/about/

My point was. Daystate has been foreign owned since 2008.
    Last edited by bighit; 19-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

All true, but at no point did I say Daystate were British

As for the Rolls, Aston reference - they were top players in their industries - as was Daystate, but got sold off to foreign investors to keep them viable - as was Daystate, and there is your slimily.

All three of these companies are now profitable even though none are now British and I'm sure all of us would agree the workmanship is not what it used to be - most new Rollers now have German BMW engines, not British ones, not that I'm saying BMW are crap, but they are not hand crafted units like years ago.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

This

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    They are fools if they did so. It is by far their best and most affordable proper no frills air rifle.

A.G
    +1 for this.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!