Thread: Theoben Gas-ram

Theoben Gas-ram

Any one own a Theoben Evo Gas-ram, I would like some info on one. Cheers Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by popsgun View Post
    Any one own a Theoben Evo Gas-ram, I would like some info on one. Cheers Jim.
    I have one. A 2003 or so dated one.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q398qcnu7y...92815.png?dl=0

.22 in a beech stock.
    Last edited by bighit; 18-09-2017 at 06:30 PM.

I have one. Its around 2006 if I remember rightly. Funnily enough I've just come indoors after a little plinking session with it

There are lots of nice Evo's out there particular if you get one of those with a better trigger. IMHO you may find that a HE model Fenman or Sirocco with the fixed mounts is nicer to shoot.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Marmite & I've got 2 Fenmans . Trigger should have been better, but with a little tweaking of the adjustment screws it can be made acceptable. Quiet with an EVO silencer fitted, short sharp firing cycle. Rams can leak, damper weight can seize in the piston, what's not to love. Great if you get a good one though.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Marmite & I've got 2 Fenmans . Trigger should have been better, but with a little tweaking of the adjustment screws it can be made acceptable. Quiet with an EVO silencer fitted, short sharp firing cycle. Rams can leak, damper weight can seize in the piston, what's not to love. Great if you get a good one though.

John
    And dont cock the action if it's out of the stock

i have an evo that the gas ram has gone on. funnily enough I just email impact gun to see if they can fix it but its the second email so I'm not expecting a reply again.

I loved the gun when it shot, for me it was very accurate and a fun gun to shoot, I gave it to a top shot down the club and he couldn't group rounds at all....suits some and not others...

if anyone knows a guy/place to get it fixed I'm interested.
    Daystate Mk4s & Bushnell Elite 6500; Daystate Merlyn & NVRS; Theoben Evolution & Hawke; TX200 Mk1 & Apollo

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    It'll be an easy DIY fix... Just o-rings...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hardly used mine. Not used to shooting it. Was the same with my mates Tx200 too.

Fine with my nephews Hw80.

Now wish I had got a Hw80 before the theoben EVO.

But I will try shooting it more and decide.