Thread: Hw80 short stroke questions

Hw80 short stroke questions

Hi all, I know this has been covered a few times but I would like some recommendations specific to my tune and the materials Ive got.
    Been doing a fair bit with my refurbishment of the mk1 HW80, I turned down and buttoned a standard piston which I'm chuffed with and I have a few others to play with etc.
    I have recently acquired a Paul Short short stroked piston and would like to go that way with the gun. I believe its a 65mm stroke piston, now I've weighed it and its coming in at 300gr so standard weight. I have the facility to lighten this piston with a mill and extra slots if needs be, so my quandary is with transfer port modification (if any) and the following combinations:

.Leave the piston weight at 300gr at the stroke length
    .lighten the piston to 240gr

I just don't wanna cock this up or do anything unecassary and I'm happy to experiment but I would like some advice before I continue with any transfer port modification if any as this is a permanent alteration.
    Anyone with similar set ups?

Regards

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you want to leave the TP standard then the best bet would be to reduce the piston weight and start testing for bounce, reintroducing weight as you go til its right.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

thanks mate, I don't want to change it if I can help it. I got a few weights I could use incrementally and different springs etc. Just been wondering if it would be better to reduce weight and optimise transfer port.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas9784 View Post
    thanks mate, I don't want to change it if I can help it. I got a few weights I could use incrementally and different springs etc. Just been wondering if it would be better to reduce weight and optimise transfer port.

Swings and roundaboits, but changing the TP is a one way street! (Inserts notwithstanding)

Standard M10 washers can be used, but I have plenty of the HW factory weights knocking around if you get stuck.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Swings and roundaboits, but changing the TP is a one way street! (Inserts notwithstanding)

Standard M10 washers can be used, but I have plenty of the HW factory weights knocking around if you get stuck.
    Brilliant, top man.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Defo reduce piston weight and stroke, everything else just follows from there...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.