Thread: Old Crosman Premier questions

Old Crosman Premier questions

Just got what looks like a full box of Premiers with a rifle I have just bought. I'm pretty sure there from the early /mid 90,s. Are they considered better than the new ones ? are they collectable given there age ? value ? obviously there a bit dull looking, what will revive them ?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Just got what looks like a full box of Premiers with a rifle I have just bought. I'm pretty sure there from the early /mid 90,s. Are they considered better than the new ones ? are they collectable given there age ? value ? obviously there a bit dull looking, what will revive them ?
    A refreshing glass of Pepsi!

Leave them in a glass overnight, drain and allow to dry naturally. Now you will have some sticky worthless pellets with a lovely shine. The perfect accompaniment for some lovely Tia Maria.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    A refreshing glass of Pepsi!

Leave them in a glass overnight, drain and allow to dry naturally. Now you will have some sticky worthless pellets with a lovely shine. The perfect accompaniment for some lovely Tia Maria.
    Cheers Nick, I think

The ones from back in the day die #2 I think we're changing hands for £60 a box but with the quality of pellets available these days they are just normal pellets.

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    Three full boxes of die no7 upstairs so I'm interested to see the outcome to this
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

I still have some tins in .22 plus nearly 5000 in .20, all bought in mid 90's
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Shoot 'em - they were good pellets back then....

Premiers

They still are. I use them in AA s200, AA s400, AA s410, Daystate MK4, A LGU and HW97 and they perform pellet on pellet at all distances if I do my bit where as JSB and AA pellets give me flyers. I have used them for 25 years. Not all guns i have used like them mainly BSA were fussy, but heres a few more that do like them, all rapids I've owned most FXs do EV2s and FTP 900. I would send your three boxes to me as they will be rubbish in your guns.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Shoot 'em - they were good pellets back then....
    Agreed !
    I used them in my Rapids, Mk. 1 and 2 in the mid 90's and a little later. Can't remember the die now, maybe #2 but at be time they were very good pellets.
    After a while I switched to .22 F & TT's partly due to expense and partly due to the fact my shooting Buddy used them in his R7 and they were just as good !
    Use them I say !
    “An airgun or two”………

Thanks chaps, I will give them a clean up and use them

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    This thread gets better.
    I use exact express in my Ttr.
    Second best marginally is the 7.9 prem, and I'm testing a known good set of Ftt I've had for years on the weekend...there's not much in it so far.
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF