Thread: Hw100 leaking

Hw100 leaking

My hw100 leaks air when the cyclinder is attached and not attached to the rifle.ive changed the small o ring and also the o ring behind the brass part.any ideas what the problem is?

leak

if the cylinder leaks when not on the gun then dip test the cylinder, is the quick fill type ? if so for a wild guess its just the filler valve oring. get that air tight then re attach , if pressure drops then its seals in the breach block. go on hwowners forum theres plenty of advice and pictures to help you out. atb gc..

Stick a balloon over each end of the cylinder and see if one or both start to inflate. That'll tell you where it's leaking from and then you can have the problem rectified. Mine apparently ended up with three seals replaced at the gauge end.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Should have bought a Rapid
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Should have bought a Rapid
    I sometimes tell myself that

In honesty I do quite fancy a MFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Stick a balloon over each end of the cylinder and see if one or both start to inflate. That'll tell you where it's leaking from and then you can have the problem rectified. Mine apparently ended up with three seals replaced at the gauge end.
    I've had a balloon over both ends and neither have inflated..I'm stumped has to whats causing the cyclinder to leak

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    I've had a balloon over both ends and neither have inflated..I'm stumped has to whats causing the cyclinder to leak
    At the gauge end, did you pull the balloon down far enough to cover the fill port? That's where mine was leaking from.

At the gauge end, did you pull the balloon down far enough to cover the fill port? That's where mine was leaking from.
    I never bother with this balloon business, check mine in water, bubbles will appear immediately. Dry with cloth and hair dryer, no problems. Think it comes from when I used to wash my SLR in the shower after exercises in the mud, always had the best kept weapon in the squad.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I never bother with this balloon business, check mine in water, bubbles will appear immediately. Dry with cloth and hair dryer, no problems. Think it comes from when I used to wash my SLR in the shower after exercises in the mud, always had the best kept weapon in the squad.

Baz
    Well that's your choice. Personally I'm not so comfortable sticking the cylinder in water if I can just use balloons. Thankfully only had to do it once and it's been fine since the seal replacement

Well that's your choice. Personally I'm not so comfortable sticking the cylinder in water if I can just use balloons. Thankfully only had to do it once and it's been fine since the seal replacement
    I just have to laugh when I hear guys talk about sticking balloons on things, especially over the end of the barrels. I put whole CO2 pistols in buckets of water to check for leaks, its all a matter of years of experience and hundreds of repairs with no problems, sort of builds up your faith. Never had a complaint except from gingernut and his rebellious shiny pistol which nobody can fix.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Remove cylinder and see if it loses air. If it doesn't, check the barrel screw above where the cylinder screws in and under the barrel. Mine leaked when that loosened. I cleaned the grease off of the screw and used a tiny bit of the weakest threadlock to secure. Never leaked again
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Re

Let's start again! Is it the cylinder that leaks or the rifle? Unscrew the cylinder n leave a few days to see if pressure drops! That will tell u I suspect that it's the rifle there's loads on YouTube to follow from memory there 3 o rings on the inlet side! The smaller one dose the business end but there's some other ones aswell when u remove the 8mm brass insert!

I had a slow leak on my Hw100 cylinder, it was leaking from the small atmospheric hole at the front of the cylinder, they have 3 such holes I think in the cylinder.I did the dip test and found the leak.
    Les..

HW 100 air leak from valve housing

Hi everyone, I've had a HW100 for 4 years now & it's developed an air leak.
    When I attach the air cylinder, air begins immediately venting from a small hole on the underside of the valve housing at quite a rate. I have changed the 2.57mm x 1.78mm O ring on inlet valve stem but this has had no effect? The cylinder hasn't been removed from the rifle very often & hasn't suffered any damage. Any thoughts on the cause?

KR Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz
    I agree. When my S400 started leaking the only way that I found out where it was leaking from was to immerse it in water. It was from the valve seat which would have never shown up otherwise. A good dry, clean and reoiling keeps the action safe too.

A.G