Thread: BSA Cadet break barrel (1954) - pellet choice

BSA Cadet break barrel (1954) - pellet choice

I have a recently refurbished BSA Cadet which I'm running in. It's still smoking a bit since the new spring.

So far I've been using Marksman pellets which seem to fit OK despite being old and oxidised. I have heard that Milbro select are good for these rifles but wondered what other owners find to be good.

Think I was using hobbys and AA's the last time my cadet was together long enough to actually use ...you can still get Marksman pellets in both pointed and round head types and the round heads do seem to work well in these oldies over short plinking ranges so maybe stay with them if there working for you?...
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Think I was using hobbys and AA's the last time my cadet was together long enough to actually use ...you can still get Marksman pellets in both pointed and round head types and the round heads do seem to work well in these oldies over short plinking ranges so maybe stay with them if there working for you?...
    Yes, I think I will stay with Marksman. Maybe some new stock will be made to improved tollerencess.

I like the old school cardboard boxes! 😁

Hobbies, superdomes and superfields for me.
    Donald