Thread: Feinwerkbau Sport MK3 questions..

Feinwerkbau Sport MK3 questions..

Any idea what serial number these came out at? Also I know the MK2 had the sticker on the cylinder and stamped series mk2 on the breech bloke...did the MK3 have this also? I know they had a sticker but on sure about Series 3 on the breech bloke. Regards Mach 1.5

There's no authoritative source, but I researched this a while ago, and various sources suggest that the Mk3 came out in 1985, and that the serial numbers in use then were in the 58,000 range (or thereabouts, give or take a thousand). I guesstimate that they only sold about 2-3,000 Mk3s.

There was a guy on here a while ago selling or valuing a "Mk3" with a much lower serial number, I think in the 40,000 range, which is definitely and early 80s Mk2. That, I think, was a bitsa, either a Mk2 with a Mk3 muzzle weight, or a Mk2 with a similar but contemporary one.

The above from Geezer sounds sensible.

The earliest Mk3 advert I've found is from Nov 1985, so '85 seems reasonable for the model introduction.

You can find some serial numbers in this thread, with the usual caveats about Feinwerkbau's serial numbers being a little unreliable, but #58000 +/- looks good imo. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Any idea what serial number these came out at? Also I know the MK2 had the sticker on the cylinder and stamped series mk2 on the breech bloke...did the MK3 have this also? I know they had a sticker but on sure about Series 3 on the breech bloke. Regards Mach 1.5
    Morning Paul. Hope you are keeping well?

I have a Mk3 here c/w foil sticker on cylinder.I bought off here many.moons ago. As per it has the heavy muzxle weight but strange to say that until.I saw another Mk3 I never really understood this reference to dane dare muzzle weight? The one on.mine is parallel sided with deep grooves machined out similar to the ads in AGW last going off.back.in.the day. Others.I've seen.literally look like a dan dare affair with a flared almost trumpet.like weight.on the barrel. I can't see that the designer won any awards for that one!!
    Anyhow this one here is on number 58146 if that's any help?
    Cheers
    Dave

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    The above from Geezer sounds sensible.

The earliest Mk3 advert I've found is from Nov 1985, so '85 seems reasonable for the model introduction.
    I couldn't resist looking at some of the other adds you have on flickr; it's amazing how much complete "marketing" bull they got away with back then !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I couldn't resist looking at some of the other adds you have on flickr; it's amazing how much complete "marketing" bull they got away with back then !
    Some things never change! Guess the air rifle. "The aristocrat of air rifles. Extremely accurate with every refinement available". Literally not one true statement in there.

Apologies for the thread derail.

I always thought the Mk3 was ugley with that muzzle weight
    Last edited by MartynB; 20-09-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Also the stock altered for the worse. Its like something a government committee would do. Take a very popular and good looking rifle and mess it up.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I actually like the MK3 stock and have it on my shooter Sport 124 with Meccari kit fitted.

MK3 with sticker and muzzle weight that doesn't come off. Sold a mint one a few years ago. They are quite rare to find. Didn't do FWB sales any favours. If they had have upgraded the trigger it might have stayed on the shelf.

The new version is a bit trendy and I can't see what its adding. How do they differ??

I think there is a place in the market for this weight rifle as the HW95 does. The latter needs tuning further, which mine is. This weight of rifle is always going to be a bit "flighty" forgiveness wise. Something super smooth action with a best trigger. But for young shooters and hunting then a sporting weight is a joy out and about.