Thread: Feinwerkbau Sport MK3 questions..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There's no authoritative source, but I researched this a while ago, and various sources suggest that the Mk3 came out in 1985, and that the serial numbers in use then were in the 58,000 range (or thereabouts, give or take a thousand). I guesstimate that they only sold about 2-3,000 Mk3s.

There was a guy on here a while ago selling or valuing a "Mk3" with a much lower serial number, I think in the 40,000 range, which is definitely and early 80s Mk2. That, I think, was a bitsa, either a Mk2 with a Mk3 muzzle weight, or a Mk2 with a similar but contemporary one.

The above from Geezer sounds sensible.

The earliest Mk3 advert I've found is from Nov 1985, so '85 seems reasonable for the model introduction.

You can find some serial numbers in this thread, with the usual caveats about Feinwerkbau's serial numbers being a little unreliable, but #58000 +/- looks good imo. HTH

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    The above from Geezer sounds sensible.

The earliest Mk3 advert I've found is from Nov 1985, so '85 seems reasonable for the model introduction.
    I couldn't resist looking at some of the other adds you have on flickr; it's amazing how much complete "marketing" bull they got away with back then !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I couldn't resist looking at some of the other adds you have on flickr; it's amazing how much complete "marketing" bull they got away with back then !
    Some things never change! Guess the air rifle. "The aristocrat of air rifles. Extremely accurate with every refinement available". Literally not one true statement in there.

Apologies for the thread derail.