Thread: BSA Superstar underlever pivot pin

BSA Superstar underlever pivot pin

Evening all, has anyone had one apart ? Got one here that won't budge (yet) I wondered if they were bonded in with loctite or similar ?
    Heat is the next option but thought I'd ask beforehand in case anyone knows the answer.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nick.
    Rust never sleeps !

no need for force. all the parts on a super are made to just come out. apart from the spring. thats made to fly out and take your eye out.
    pivot pin.just cock it and push it out. the underlever will just fall off. the putting it back is an arse.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Exactly the same problem with mine. Ive given up now as I just wanted to get some grease in there. Its difficult to push out in a press which I expect is the way to go because of the shape.

Thanks guys, think I've cracked it, got a motorbike chain splitter on the way, there's just enough clearance to get it to the pin, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Rust never sleeps !

Interesting thought

Good news, the splitter arrived and it's deep enough to get to the pin and one of the pushers (can't think of the word) is the right size to fit in the hole.
    Bad news, it's not budged the pin yet. Admittedly I didn't have much time to try it over the weekend but will try again when I can get another pair of hands to help.
    I'm quietly confident.
    P.S. It's the splitter kit in the red case from the popular auction site, about 9 quid
    Rust never sleeps !

Success !

Bingo. The chain splitter worked a treat. Had a brainwave and put the splitter in the vice, greased the threads and end of push pin so it wouldn't try and turn as the centre bolt was tightened and out it came, the pin fits through the hole in the splitter body too, the only slight bug bear is you need to drift the last 5mm of the pin out of the gun as there's not enough travel in the splitter.
    I'm happy now.
    Rust never sleeps !