Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro sport - the best looking springer?

Pro sport - the best looking springer?

It seems to me that the infamous pro sport has fallen out of favour within the springer community.
    I have one in the sales section up for sale at a very reasonable price and so do at least 3 others.
    No real interest at the moment though. They are a nice rifle, no denying it. The cocking lever doesn't really bother me.
    Why have they fallen from grace so quickly?

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    It seems to me that the infamous pro sport has fallen out of favour within the springer community.
    I have one in the sales section up for sale at a very reasonable price and so do at least 3 others.
    No real interest at the moment though. They are a nice rifle, no denying it. The cocking lever doesn't really bother me.
    They look fantastic but after using one for a while most people find that they prefer more weight up front so a Tx200 suits them better. Possibly....

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    Its a bit of a mystery why that type of concealed lever is not more popular, I liked that type of concealed lever when I had my first mk2 airsporter but they have slowly been discontinued and no other manufacturer is interested not even a chinese copy

Arguably the best looking rifle of any kind
    Maybe everyone who wanted one already has one, Mine's a keeper, I love it.

Edit, it's the old style checkering
    Last edited by El Garro; 20-09-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Rust never sleeps !

I prefer the old chequering
    I had two but Apart from the looks there are better shooting guns out there
    If you just want an airgun to hang on the wall and look pretty Then they are perfect

"It seems to me that the infamous pro sport has fallen out of favour within the springer community"

Not out of favour with me. If I didn't already have one I would definitely buy one. That said, I also prefer the original stock design.

Future generations may well note it as a 'classic' but a classic that combined looks with excellent performance.

Bear in mind things also seem to go in cycles: what appears to be out of favour today will undoubtedly be back in favour at some point in time.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    "It seems to me that the infamous pro sport has fallen out of favour within the springer community"

Not out of favour with me. If I didn't already have one I would definitely buy one. That said, I also prefer the original stock design.

Future generations may well note it as a 'classic' but a classic that combined looks with excellent performance.

Bear in mind things also seem to go in cycles: what appears to be out of favour today will undoubtedly be back in favour at some point in time.
    I tend to disagree with some of the stuff people say about it.....easily my personal favourite....a beautiful air rifle ....maybe the best looking ever ..
    I ran the usual Delrin guides into mine with one or two experiments for fits etc....and its great.
    The stock almost too good for lugging around a wood ....it looks like the thing should be on a safari than a rough shoot in some woods...
    I like the lever tucked away and no under barrel lever on show .....just personal preference of once getting to use to the looks of a 410 and an old .22 rook rifle....a traditionalists gun...
    Is there a better looking air rifle ...nah.
    Last edited by clarky; 19-09-2017 at 09:10 PM.

I too massively prefer the older normal chequering to the newer fish-scale style.

I know that shouldn't matter, but it does somehow on a gun marketed significantly on its looks.

If I ever got an AA (I do have a Jackal if that counts), I think it would be an early TX200. But I do quite like the PS. I like Airsporters (early ones) and HW77s (esp. early ones) and the PS is like the child that happened when an Airsporter and a 77 got rather too friendly one night, with a dose of added Venom in the stock design.

Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    Arguably the best looking rifle of any kind
    Maybe everyone who wanted one already has one, Mine's a keeper, I love it.
    I agree.

A.G

Airsporter stutzen for me prosport is a stunner though

cash shortages are probably the reason for a slow sale. The pro sport is a great rifle
    B.A.S.C. member

End of Summer and a long winter ahead. Got to pay for those holidays over spend.
    Lots sold because they look great. Regularly come up second hand so buyers can be fussy. They are pretty so wait for a really pretty one.
    Almost too nice as a hunting rifle and a tad on the heavy side.
    Almost not heavy enough for the target shooting fans.

So sits in the middle and much is in the pure looks as much as the shooting ability. Its still a springer.

They will always sell but timing and a buyers market. Its not the rifle.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I agree on nearly everything said above, there's nothing wrong with the rifles it's just the market at the moment, if I didn't already have one (or I had loads of money and wanted to corner the market) then I'd be in my element at the moment and in a quandary not knowing which one to choose out of all the ones in the sales section, saying that though, if I did have the money and wanted to buy one then I guarantee you that there wouldn't be any for sale when I wanted one.

As for the fish scale checkering then take a closer look as the TX has the fish scale and the PS has the skip line checkering, if the borders of the checkering didn't have the fancy scrolling then it would be perfect as I love the skip line design but I can happily live with it as it is.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Mines a keeper, love the walnut stock and deep bluing. Having said that i hardly ever use it. Nearly all my air gun shooting is on the range
    and cocking is a problem for me when shooting 60 or so shots in a session. The Huntsman regal i now use is an excellent rifle but it doesn't
    have the character of the Prosport.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Yes it is !
    “An airgun or two”………