Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beeman c1 carbine

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    Like a crappy Vulcan with a crappy stock. Never mind the awful trigger and barrel pivot. Nice blueing on Wobbleys, that is all...
    I thought the C1 was based on the crappy Victor which was the War Time Economy version of the Vulcan designed for Britain's yoofs? 'Webley - putting the 'break' in break-barrel'.

It had a straight hand stock to fit in the saddle buckets of American traditional airgunners, you know, the ones that shoot rattlesnakes from horseback.

The C1 was 14 fpe in the USA so it was. An interesting exercise in marketing, like the Webley Tracker, the only airgun named after a cereal bar. The Tracker rifle is, for some reason, enormously popular in Sweden.

beeman

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Wow. What's the barrel length on that?

How does it shoot? I have one with an unmolested 14" barrel, and between the stock design, lack of forward weight, punchy power plant and heavy trigger, it's one of the hardest airguns I have used to shoot well.
    got it as a job lot like this, it is 4 inches long, dident like it at first but now I have stripped it and sorted internals, it has grown on me , can hit a 50 pence at 20 yards , found it fun for rats in tight areas.

Quote Originally Posted by ukace1958 View Post
    got it as a job lot like this, it is 4 inches long, dident like it at first but now I have stripped it and sorted internals, it has grown on me , can hit a 50 pence at 20 yards , found it fun for rats in tight areas.
    In dustbins ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Baz - you are naughty

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    In dustbins ?

Baz
    Lol ! Baz . On a serious note , was it not the Lightning (?) that had only an 8" barrel ? Saw one at a gunsmiths , barrel bent like b'nana .
    Never handled one but just saw a piccy of a 'working ' one - short barrel but with a two foot long cocking aid to get it going ???

90% of members on here were having a go at me for chopping down half a dozen HW35 barrels to 13 inches, but now they like 4 inch, so next 35 goes to that. Then I can sell the 15 inch bit that's left over.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD