Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Theoben gasram collection

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    Yes, it's been there a while.
    Partially tempted but I have a few other "projects" on right now !
    Thanks anyway.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I have always fancied an HW90.

But they are long, heavy, and bulky.

So I have always really fancied a Theoben Euro Custom or TB90. But they are hen's teeth.
    The HW 90K which I have is not so long,yes it is heavy but that makes it so accurate,I believe from what I was told by Theoben that they never made the TB90,it is a restocked HW90 which Theoben marketed.
    The original 90s were all marked with the Thoeben name,I have a feeling that like all HW they are now not that good and may I believe use the car type gas ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I looked for quite a while for a Dual Magnum when they first came out although probably the Eliminator is a better rifle for actual use. As you live fairly close to me I'm sorry I didn't know about your sale. Theoben only made one batch (50 rifles) apparently so they would be pretty collectable but restricted by the fact they are FAC rated.
    I've never even shot one but had my name down for a new one but they were discontinued before it came to my turn. Now I don't even have a spare .22 slot so I'd have a problem even if I got offered one.
    Here you go buddy, early Christmas present

http://www.gundeal.co.uk/theoben-dua...-for-sale-3519

Quote Originally Posted by BOYCIE View Post
    Here you go buddy, early Christmas present

http://www.gundeal.co.uk/theoben-dua...-for-sale-3519
    Only had one issue with mine when it would not cock for the second power (36 foot pound) setting. Sent it back to Theoben who sorted it.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Thanks a bunch chap!

Having owned an Eliminator and struggled with it for a year or so (and three different barrels) at near the factory levels before relenting and reducing power in stages until
    I could actually shoot it accurately I can't imagine how hard one of these would have been to shoot with any sort of consistency
    It was very hold sensitive but I persevered with it (1000's of pellets). In the end I could hit the bottom of shotgun gun cartridge every time at 50 yards no problem. The rifle really taught me to shoot. I joined my local gun club at the same time using a stock Ruger 1022 and entered a Surrey sporting rifle comp and won gold for the club. Shooting accurately with the 22lr was child's play after mastering the Theoben.

I bought it used needing repair, looks like it never had any grease inside the rear of the compression tube from the factory, had some galling in the rear, once that was cleaned and honed, I went and re-sealed it as well, shoots just like a Crusader now, which is exactly what it is LOL

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    I bought it used needing repair, looks like it never had any grease inside the rear of the compression tube from the factory, had some galling in the rear, once that was cleaned and honed, I went and re-sealed it as well, shoots just like a Crusader now, which is exactly what it is LOL
    If it looks like a Crusader, handles like a Crusader, but doesn't shoot likr a Crusader, chances are, it's an RM100. Ouch! LOL

I've heard that the Crusaders are very accurate, maybe more so than the Eliminators? I may have better luck finding a rebuildable Eliminator (preferrably without O-Rings) and having power set at around 19-20 fpe...

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    I dont own any Theoben guns but I do own one of Daves designed HW90s and have to say it has the sweetest action of any HWs including my beloved HW77K.
    These Theoben guns used a properly designed gas ram unlike the latest offerings using car tailgate type rams,if only they could be put back into production.
    To keep you all happy I have just added a Fenman 22 to my collection,should have done it years ago.

Less cocking effort, less violent firing cycle, not as mellow as the Sirocco though...

A gun shop local to me has a .20 profile with an original 3-9x40 TV scope and the stock is hydua but they're asking a shade too much for it in the condition it's in

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    To keep you all happy I have just added a Fenman 22 to my collection,should have done it years ago.
    Good man, you know it makes sense!
    Regards,
    Dave.

Current stock:-
    Countryman .22 pre HE
    Olympus .177
    Euro custom .22
    Fenman .20

Spent quiet a few years running an early .20/.22 HE Eliminator too.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Evo in .22 and SLR 98 .177 long barrel (late gun) added to the stable. Who knows what's next��

.177 Fenman. Fantastic gun. Totally under-rated little rifles in my opinion.
    Never understood the whining about "harsh recoil"
    I put AA 4.52's in and it knocks things down time and time again.
    Rust never sleeps !

I have a full length Evo in .20. I've never fallen in love with it tbh. A fenman in 22 might be different.