Thread: FTP 900 valuations

FTP 900 valuations

Gents, a little help if you will.

I'm looking to move on some rifles I no longer use and need a bit of a hand with valuations. On Gunstar they seem to be stupidly priced but I am looking to sell my FTP 900 in excellent condition with no modifications, the only mark is on the bottom of the pistol grip and is not even visible, you really have to know where it is and have a good feel for it. It is a Gen 2 model made in September 2015.

No scope included, but it is cased in its original case and comes with all of its original bumph and I have a 7 litre tank with at least 2 years left on it. Like I say, on Gunstar the prices seem too high to me so I have no idea where to start.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I admit to hesitating with my comment but it may generate other comments.
    I believe that people often say a fair s/h price is 2/3 of the new price.
    But what is the new price? I think the rrp is about £1700 but believe it can be got for as low as about £1500. Using these figures this would put your rifle at around the £1150 - £1000 mark. Maybe nearer the £1000 figure as the rrp could be seen as a little irrelevant. Gunstar is clearly higher but then buying from a dealer gives some measure of protection not available from a private sale ... not doubting your integrity here, just stating facts.
    The question now would be: would you be happy with that or not? If not then clearly you would need to adjust to a level that you would be happy with.
    You could start at £1200 including bottle, or £1100 without bottle and negotiate from there?
    And, sorry but I am not in the market for an FTP900

Cheers, Phil

Cheers Phil,

your numbers and thinking are along the same lines as my own, I'd prefer to ask too little and give someone a bargain than ask too much and rip someone off.

And then I start to think about p/x but I have no idea how much I would get there.

Similar model in local RFD two months ago for £950 gun only.
    Would have snapped their hand off but I'm a lefty.

Just sold my FTP that has had the full Zenith treatment, sold it for £900. Going by the prices they've sold for on STB I could maybe have squeezed another £50 if I'd sat it out for a while. Unfortunately it seems there's a heavy depreciation on the FTP's.

I've noticed that many sh top end rifles seem to have to get to around £1000 before they attract attention.
    Too much over and punters start looking at new ones.

Looking in the sales pages, £750 to £1300 (with all the extra bells and whistles on), but mainly £850 ish for a standard gun.

If I was selling one and I wanted to get a decent price, I'd make sure to get some decent photos taken, not blurry phone pics, show close up's of any marks, no matter how small - it show's you are being honest.

I'd also show some 10 shot group targets - yes I know these can be faked but it still make people feel more comfortable that it's not a dog.

Give a date of purchase, assuming from new, or date of the air tube.

Give a genuine reason for sale!

OR

put it up with no pics, no info, but a low price like £700 and someone will take a punt...

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    All the above sound like good advice, I'd pitch in at around the £900 mark for the gun and £110 for the bottle and I would not bundle them either. Collection due to compressed air, so maybe offer to meet within 25 miles etc. to make it more attractive? I often think it's not so much the price to a point - it's getting the bloody thing I've seen lots of guns I'd go for if they were not the other end of the country.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thanks for your help guys, exactly what I needed. I think I'll see what the local shops will do Part Ex for me and if anyone comes anywhere close to the figures here I'll go for it.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Thanks for your help guys, exactly what I needed. I think I'll see what the local shops will do Part Ex for me and if anyone comes anywhere close to the figures here I'll go for it.
    I think part ex will be a hard pill to swallow, I could see £750 being on the cards unless they were making good money on the new gun - incidentally, why are you selling and what are you looking for - just being nosy.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Standard FTP that hasn't been fixed - £800-£850
    An ISP, Zenith, Ostler fixed FTP with a floated barrel and stripper etc is worth around £1000-£1050.

Thanks guys, might just stick in on Gunstar for £1k and see what happens. I'd still be £300 cheaper than all of the other used FTPs and if it doesn't sell I can Part Ex, I'm in no rush.

Jesim, only shifting as it is rarely used and it's taking up space in the cabinet that I can use for a shotgun or rifle that I will use.

Cheers again guys.