Thread: Classic Match Rifle Collection for sale - part 2.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Classic Match Rifle Collection for sale - part 2.

My previous list of (mainly) spring powered classic match air rifles proved to be very popular with MPL and Bell Target shooters and others that enjoy these old treasures so I am now digging-out another batch that I need to dispose of in the hope that they will be found to be just as interesting to my fellow BBS Target enthusiasts as the first batch.

As with my first batch, these are rifles that I have personally collected and used over the years and they represent the best of each type that I could find at the time. All of them have been carefully looked after since I have had them and (where needed) they have been carefully serviced (and sometimes restored) but perhaps most importantly they have all been regularly "exercised" to keep them alive and well. I am selling them as I am now retired and need to free-up some space at home - as I can no longer store any of them at work!

This time the list will be mainly SSP types as almost all of my springers have now found new homes with other BBS members.

I will start with some that are close to hand and expand the list as I find them all out and check them over individually so I can describe them each as well as possible so please keep checking as the list will grow as I dig them out.

SINGLE STROKE PNEUMATIC

For Sale Walther LG90 Ambi.
    Seriel number 011986. This is another example of my favourite LG90 SSP match rifle - but this time it has an ambidextrous stock so it can be shot in equal comfort by left and right handed shooters.
    I am right handed but I always found this rifle to be every bit as comfortable to shoot as my right handed LG90 rifles - but unlike the others - this one can also been shot by left handed shooters who have also found it to be very comfortable.
    This is an Ambi rifle that really does work well for "left hookers" with no detriment to right handed shooters.
    The rifle is in very nice condition overall and has a nice walnut stock and shows no signs of ever having the triple racing stripe stickers applied to it - making it more acceptable to some shooters - and it is certainly a good looking rifle.
    A silver anodised action is unique to the LG90 in the Walther SSP rifle range and this looks really good against the walnut stock and black barrel, loading lever and sights etc.
    The adjustable cheek piece makes it suitable for use in the "heads-up" position (optional riser blocks could be fitted if required) as well as in the more traditional shooting position where the cheekpiece can be adjusted to give a custom fit.
    A superb rifle that is both collectable and very accurate at 10 meters ( and 6 yards). £550.00.

FOR SALE Walther LG90.
    Serial number 014141. This LG90 has a dark walnut stock with no stickers and is is excellent overall condition.
    The silver anodised action is un-marked and the blue on the barrel, barrel weight, and cocking mechanism is also very good - as are the front and rear sights.
    The dark walnut stock is also in near mint condition with no scuff marks on the underside and no "tell-tale" marks on the alloy bipod mounting rail to suggest that it has ever been used.
    An excellent 10 meter rifle that can be used to very good effect at 6 yards for bell target and MPL competitions.
    Overall this is an excellent condition rifle that I have really enjoyed owning and shooting that is hard to fault at £550.00.

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 601.
    Seriel number 101890. The blue finish on this rifle is excellent with no blemishes that I can see and the laminated wooden stock has no marks or scratches so the rifle is in very good (above average) condition overall. The rifle shoots very well and comes with the original FWB sights with good clear read-out dials and currently has a set of ALCRAFT riser blocks fitted that I had made to give the "heads-up" shooting position that I like to use. These are in "as new" condition and are easy to remove if not required. Price £495.SOLD

SOLDFeinwerkbau Model 601.
    Seriel number 121678. Another nice shooting example of this well sought after FWB match rifle that is in very good overall condition and has no "dings" or scratches on the stock. The blue is also in nice condition but is not quite as perfect as the model above - hence the slightly lower price. The original FWB sights are fitted and they are in excellent condition with good clear read-out dials. This rifle currently has a pair of low black riser blocks fitted that I have found to give a more comfortable "heads-up" shooting position that compliments the adjustable cheek piece very well, but they can be easily removed if not required. Price £420.SOLD

SOLDWalther LGR Match Universal.
    Seriel number 109707. This rifle shoots well and is very accurate and comes with the correct Walther branded riser blocks and adjustable cheek-piece. This is a nice example of what is quite a rare variant of the well respected classic LGR Match that was so popular and successful in the 1970's. This rifle has been shot with considerable success on the Rossendale Club range so it is a well respected performer that is still capable of delivering surprisingly good results at 10 meters - in the right hands! Price £420.SOLD

SOLDWalther LG90.
    Seriel number 014490. This has been one of my favourite SSP match rifles and it is in very nice overall condition and still has the original LG90 stickers on the action and the triple "racing stripes" on the stock. The rifle has the correct Walther sights fitted and the woodwork is in superb unmarked condition. This is a lovely example of a very classy match rifle that is a joy to own and shoot. It is very accurate at 10 meters and also makes an excellent MPL and classic Bell Target rifle that should prove to be a sound future investment. Price £525.00.SOLD

SPRING POWERED

FOR SALEWebley Mark 3 Supertarget.
    I have owned several of these over the years and this one is the best example that I have ever seen or owned. The blue is deep and looks like new - as does the stock that has a near perfect dark varnished finish with the round Webley badge inlaid. The special Anschultz rear sight still has the large horizontal thumbwheel lock screw fitted - these are usually always missing - but this one is still in place. Both vertical lock screws are also present and are unmarked. The rifle shoots well and was serviced and fitted with a genuine new Webley spring when I first bought it so I think it is just about as good as it gets. Price £495.00.

SOLDFeinwerkbau 300S Junior.
    This rifle was stripped, re-blued and rebuilt when I bought it about 10 years ago. I also stripped the old thick toffee coloured varnish off of the stock to reveal a beautifully figured piece of wood that I then gave an oiled finish. A custom brass trigger shoe was fitted to make this a remarkably good looking example of what is quite a rare rifle. The FWB Junior rifle shares exactly the same action as the 300S but it is a little shorter overall and is perfect for many junior and female shooters as well as us older blokes who find the heavier rifles a bit of a struggle to manage. The rifle has had no real use since it was rebuilt but has been given a shoot from time to time to keep everything moving and fresh. It has a lovely light trigger action and packs the same punch as the full sized 300S and shares the same internal parts making spares easy to find if needed in the future. Price £425.00.

FOR SALE .177 HW35 with genuine HW Diopter rear sight.
    Serial number 598789. This is an early type of HW35 that has had the usual removal of the safety catch modification applied to it at some stage in its life to prevent the irritating "switching off" requirement every time the rifle is cocked.
    This is a nice smooth shooting rifle that is in pretty good condition for its age and it was serviced some time last year.
    The .177 calibre is not as common to find as the .22 variant (and is usually more expensive to buy s/h) but the smaller calibre makes it legal and ideal for target work and bell target shooting in particular.
    I have shot this rifle (and it's lookalike sister rifle) at 10 meters and have found it accurate and the original (optional) HW rear diopter makes an excellent rear target sight that suites the rifle perfectly.
    Genuine HW rear diopter sights are now getting very hard to find so I am happy to sell this rifle complete with this sight for £265 or without a rear sight (ideal for use with a scope) for £185.00.

FOR SALE. An exceptional .177 HW35 with genuine HW Diopter rear sight.
    Serial number 502813. This rifle will only appeal to the perfectionist who really appreciates excellent quality workmanship and likes to own and shoot something that is just a little different in his (or her) classic rifle collection that will stand out from any other similar model.
    This is an early pre-safety catch .177 calibre HW35 rifle has had a lot of time and money spent on it as it has been completely stripped and all of the steel metalwork (including the screws) have been professionally polished and then re-blued.
    This rifle was serviced and lubricated as it was rebuilt and the walnut stock was stripped and given a walnut oil finish to show the lovely wood grain that this rifle was lucky enough to be given when it was being assembled in the factory.
    The original HW rear sight assembly is still in place and the optional Weihrauch peep-sight diopter that is fitted is also in "as new" condition so this really is an exceptional and mint condition example that has an even better finish now than it did when it was new!
    This rifle shoots as good as it looks at 10 meters and is a real star at 6 yards and would grace any Bell target or MPL competition.
    Finding another early example like this in such a perfectly presented and up-graded condition would be unlikely as it is probably unique - and is an absolute bargain at £395 but can also be supplied without the HW diopter for those that may like to use it with the open sights, an alternative diopter (or a scope) for £315.

FOR SALE HW97K number 1580262.
    I bought this .177 calibre HW97K so I had an under-lever rifle to have a go at classic field target shooting - but I ran out of time and this one only ever got set-up and tested on the indoor range at RMTC - so I have never shot it outdoors !
    This rifle is fitted with a Nikko Stirling 3-9 x 40mm AO scope that was bought new at the same time as the rifle and so has had the same amount to use - almost none at all!
    Using Superdome .177 pellets the rifle was grouping pellet on pellet at 10 meters with just one small ragged hole not much bigger than the hole that a single pellet would make. No other pellets have been tested on the rifle so some may be able to give even better results!
    The rifle may have had 200 - 300 pellets put through it so it has hardly had any use at all.
    Under close inspection some small storage marks can be seen on the stock (a problem with keeping rifles in a rifle rack) but nothing serious - more a problem with the use of a dark varnish by the manufacturer (what a shame they do not give them an oil finish instead!).
    The metalwork is really good with no blemishes on the blue - overall a very nice rifle in above average condition "with almost no miles on the clock".

Pictures available .

£325 with AO scope.

More to follow......

All of these rifles can be inspected and shot at 10 meters on the Rossendale Club range any Tuesday or Thursday evening prior to purchase by prior agreement. Face to face sales are preferred as I like to make sure that any buyer can check everything over to make sure of 100% satisfaction prior to buying as I am not in a position to offer any form or warranty as I have no workshop facilities available to me any longer.

Please contact me by email if you have any interest in buying any of these .177 target rifles. I can take pictures and send them by email to any seriously interested potential buyers to help save any wasted journey times.

DELIVERYI would prefer face to face sales but if you cannot travel please ask.

I am currently away from home a few days every week so please be patient when asking for information or replies but the first to say that they would like to buy any of my rifles on this thread will be given the first chance to buy it.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-02-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.