Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: postage worries

Probably not what you want to hear at the moment but as I remember it, paying through Paypal for an airgun will result in a loss of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Probably not what you want to hear at the moment but as I remember it, paying through Paypal for an airgun will result in a loss of protection.
    correct hence why its not recommended on here in the sales section but people still do it .

even for non airgun stuff this from garyc on here

If you do this and the person asks you to pay via paypal as a gift, he is pretty much asking you to waive any right or redress to save a couple of quid. Errr helloooooooooooooo

its would be easy to pay a few hundred for a scope then the buers says paypal gift and not send the goods. paypal wont help

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    If it was paid via PayPal I would open a case against the seller. Just don't tell them an air pistol was part of the sale. For future reference the ONLY legitimate way to post airguns, rifles or pistols, is via ParcelForce48. Don't pay for extra insurance as the limit for airguns is £100. You may get resistance from Post Office staff saying they don't accept weapons. While this is correct there is an exception that allows for low powered airguns, it's in the terms & conditions leaflet. Don't use RMSD as that doesn't allow airguns. In fact as far as I am aware none of the courier companies accept airguns. If you use their services & the goods go missing you won't get any compensation, if they discover what is being delivered they will destroy them. Airguns coming from/to Scotland have their own problems due to their licensing laws now in place.

I hope you parcel turns up, fingers crossed for you.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

if yodel have known its a airgun why have they not mentioned it in live chat, im hopefull it will be here monday, yes i made sure i paid the paypal fees,incase anything goes wrong, as i informed the seller,he insisted he had proof of posting,

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    If it was paid via PayPal I would open a case against the seller. Just don't tell them an air pistol was part of the sale. For future reference the ONLY legitimate way to post airguns, rifles or pistols, is via ParcelForce48. Don't pay for extra insurance as the limit for airguns is £100. You may get resistance from Post Office staff saying they don't accept weapons. While this is correct there is an exception that allows for low powered airguns, it's in the terms & conditions leaflet. Don't use RMSD as that doesn't allow airguns. In fact as far as I am aware none of the courier companies accept airguns. If you use their services & the goods go missing you won't get any compensation, if they discover what is being delivered they will destroy them. Airguns coming from/to Scotland have their own problems due to their licensing laws now in place.

I hope you parcel turns up, fingers crossed for you.
    I'm not sure you are right here Paul.
    Read Garvin's frequently updated sticky in Sales
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....osting-Airguns
    Also the recent letter to BASC from the Post Office
    http://www.vintageairgunsgallery.com...a9378fd299.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    if yodel have known its a airgun why have they not mentioned it in live chat, im hopefull it will be here monday, yes i made sure i paid the paypal fees,incase anything goes wrong, as i informed the seller,he insisted he had proof of posting,
    I really hope it turns up now, but sadly I think you are on a hiding to nothing if it gets lost
    1 you will receive no compensation from Yodel
    2 Paypal wont want to know either and may even freeze your and the sellers accounts if you mention the GUN word

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I hope you get it and you can breathe a great sigh of relief mate.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    I'm not sure you are right here Paul.
    Read Garvin's frequently updated sticky in Sales
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....osting-Airguns
    Also the recent letter to BASC from the Post Office
    http://www.vintageairgunsgallery.com...a9378fd299.jpg
    Thanks for the links. I've learnt something from them as I was unaware you could use RMSD for pistols.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

the package just turned up now at nearly halfpast 7 on a sunday night. never expected that.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    the package just turned up now at nearly halfpast 7 on a sunday night. never expected that.
    Ah well,a pleasant surprise in the end.

There are plenty of PayPal fee calculators online. If I am buying airgun parts, accessories, anything apart from complete airguns or cylinders and the seller wants PayPal as a gift, I always say I will pay the fees. As an example the fees on £30 are £1.26. £1.26 for peace of mind is a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootfish View Post
    There are plenty of PayPal fee calculators online. If I am buying airgun parts, accessories, anything apart from complete airguns or cylinders and the seller wants PayPal as a gift, I always say I will pay the fees. As an example the fees on £30 are £1.26. £1.26 for peace of mind is a no-brainer.
    yes i use this.
    http://www.clothnappytree.com/ppcalculator/

guns in good condition but the pump looks ancient,was told it was an old model hills pump, this looks like one of the first ones ever made, rust all over and takes around 50 pumps to charge the pistol.