Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: postage worries

Bear in mind if you live somewhere remote like I do in Ultima Thule the courier who delivers may not be the one who picked it up. There's a lot of behind the scenes cooperation going on in the courier world & it could be just about anyone who's got a van scheduled to be in the area when the ferry docks.
    Except ParcelForce & RM, they have their own resources on site as it were.

Yodel are frankly cr*p

IF you buy a gun by post INSIST IT IS SENT LEGALLY by PF48 or RMSD, if you don't it's tough sh*t if it gets lost or damaged

recieved this message from yodel Robert I can confirm with you that the driver ran out of time last night when he was out for delivery. The depot is well aware of what has transpired so they have arranged for the parcel to be delivered again today. The parcel…
    so looks lke i might get it after all.

So did it arrive or not? The suspense is killing me!

I once sent £300 worth of stuff to a guy in Italy using Royal Mail. They sent it to Jamaica where it sat for months. It took nearly 5 months to finally get to Italy, in the mean time after being lost for about a month, I sent a replacement. 5 months later, the denied he'd received the original lost package, despite a signature... DHL from then on...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardinDorset View Post
    So did it arrive or not? The suspense is killing me!

I once sent £300 worth of stuff to a guy in Italy using Royal Mail. They sent it to Jamaica where it sat for months. It took nearly 5 months to finally get to Italy, in the mean time after being lost for about a month, I sent a replacement. 5 months later, the denied he'd received the original lost package, despite a signature... DHL from then on...
    was told it was being delivered on fri never arrived,then afer speaking on live chat was told it would be here today. after speaking today on live chat i was told i would not be delivered today, so dont know when it will be delivered. makes me wonder if they know its a airgun and are holding in there depot, i informed the seller about this but he as not sent any replys back,seems like hes got his money and now hes not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    was told it was being delivered on fri never arrived,then afer speaking on live chat was told it would be here today. after speaking today on live chat i was told i would not be delivered today, so dont know when it will be delivered. makes me wonder if they know its a airgun and are holding in there depot, i informed the seller about this but he as not sent any replys back,seems like hes got his money and now hes not bothered.
    Which is why you need a service that you can openly say "it's an air gun which is legal by your rules"
    I know the seller chose the service (probably the cheapest on parcel2go) not you, but as the buyer you should also know the post rules & if necessary pay more so that a legal service is used.

If you now tell Yodel what it is, they can just confiscate it as a prohibited item, so if the seller ignores you unfortunately you're stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Which is why you need a service that you can openly say "it's an air gun which is legal by your rules"
    I know the seller chose the service (probably the cheapest on parcel2go) not you, but as the buyer you should also know the post rules & if necessary pay more so that a legal service is used.

If you now tell Yodel what it is, they can just confiscate it as a prohibited item, so if the seller ignores you unfortunately you're stuffed.
    when purchasing the gun i paid £15 extra for postage,and asked him for tracking number,thinking he was sending it pf 48 hours, but he emailed me saying hes awaiting tracking number,it would be emailed out to him later, then i started wandering ,(emailed out). first ive heard of a tracking number being emaied.

when purchasing the gun i paid £15 extra for postage,and asked him for tracking number,thinking he was sending it pf 48 hours, but he emailed me saying hes awaiting tracking number,it would be emailed out to him later, then i started wandering ,(emailed out). first ive heard of a tracking number being emaied.
    Could you remind us,how long has your parcel been in transit now?.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Could you remind us,how long has your parcel been in transit now?.
    was posted out wednsday for next day delivery.

was posted out wednsday for next day delivery.
    I take you have written confirmation that it was sent next day delivery?.

As I said earlier they dropped a parcel off for me on wednesday night,in transit almost three days.

Having said that parcelforce48 has been known to take up to seven days.

yes seller emailed me tracking number the next day. and it was out for delivery.
    but never turned up. but tracking was showing delivered ,

All I can say is the tracking service was poor compared to hermes for example.
    Wishing you good luck .

In 1969 NASA managed to send people to the Moon and back in seven days. But joking aside I have seen the way these guys load up the poor drivers. Just far too much is expected of them. Recently we had a delievery from Yodel @ 9.20 pm.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    In 1969 NASA managed to send people to the Moon and back in seven days. But joking aside I have seen the way these guys load up the poor drivers. Just far too much is expected of them. Recently we had a delievery from Yodel @ 9.20 pm.

A.G
    I'd have to agree,having spoken at length to a couple of guys doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    I take you have written confirmation that it was sent next day delivery?.

As I said earlier they dropped a parcel off for me on wednesday night,in transit almost three days.

Having said that parcelforce48 has been known to take up to seven days.
    i had a theoben evolution sent legitimately via parcel force 48 from inverness . it was only going 90 or so miles , it went the the main depot in Coventry then back up to me .

that took 5 days . it possibly passed my house unless it went down the other coast road.

a few courier services have a main depot and its possibly in the middle of england . so parcels sent in inverness to inverurie (90 or so miles) has to go nearly a 1000 miles .