Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Innova Chamber Volume Modification

Sharp Innova Chamber Volume Modification

I may be dreaming but sure I read a thread where someone said they had modified an Innova to get full UK power on three pumps by reducing the chamber volume, am I dreaming or did someone do this ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Ped will comment soon ;-)

http://www.users.on.net/~smiln/pdfs/...ay%20Guide.pdf

http://angryangryguncompany.blogspot...ration_20.html

This might be useful, i would think that if what you say was possible the manufacturer would have done it.
    Last edited by buttloaves; 26-04-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    http://www.users.on.net/~smiln/pdfs/...ay%20Guide.pdf

http://angryangryguncompany.blogspot...ration_20.html

This might be useful, i would think that if what you say was possible the manufacturer would have done it.
    Useful tips, a Google search search didn't throw anything up, perhaps I dreamt it
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Ged did and i made a valve and got just under 11- i think Ged got 11.2
    i made a complete new flat faced valve but at the time hadn't made a matching blow off piston so only assembled it for a quick test to see how it performed and then stripped it ,when i have time i'll go back to it as i have a .25 barrel for an innova and an ally breech that i've prepaired for fitting but not as yet fitted

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    Ged did and i made a valve and got just under 11- i think Ged got 11.2
    i made a complete new flat faced valve but at the time hadn't made a matching blow off piston so only assembled it for a quick test to see how it performed and then stripped it ,when i have time i'll go back to it as i have a .25 barrel for an innova and an ally breech that i've prepaired for fitting but not as yet fitted
    Thanks Ped, was this using just three pumps ? I would imagine the volume could be reduced by putting something within the valve body

Does anybody remember a company that converted a Sharp Innova to PCP with a buddy bottle or anybody on here have one ?, i bought one a long time ago maybe 20yrs and it would never work properly it would try to dump all the air in burst

I just wondered if any survived or someone else has tried to do a conversion with the sharps ?

Furyan
    Yes, I remember them, I seem to remember the price was around £200 , The Innova was around £100 at the time,

The Innova is a total loss valve, The only true way to do it was to have a manually operated lever to charge the air chamber , ( I am just guessing ) But maybe they had a tiny bleed hole to fill the cylinder after the exhaust valve was recocked ?

I have made a number of Innova/Ace conversions, & I made a Co2 charged cylinder for the Innova, It had a manually operated inlet valve, ( A tiny lever )
    Here is one I am doing at the Moment with Aluminium foresight/silencer adapter & Aluminium breech, ( I am thinking of making this Co2 )
    Pics--[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I made these Aluminium foresight adapters & A number of other mods IE, High power ( Thats 3 pumps to 11.3 Fpe. )
    From Airgun forum a few years back, you were not dreaming.

Does anybody remember a company that converted a Sharp Innova to PCP with a buddy bottle or anybody on here have one ?, i bought one a long time ago maybe 20yrs and it would never work properly it would try to dump all the air in burst

I just wondered if any survived or someone else has tried to do a conversion with the sharps ?

Furyan
    Yes, I remember them, I seem to remember the price was around £200 , The Innova was around £100 at the time,

The Innova is a total loss valve, The only true way to do it was to have a manually operated lever to charge the air chamber , ( I am just guessing ) But maybe they had a tiny bleed hole to fill the cylinder after the exhaust valve was recocked ?

I have made a number of Innova/Ace conversions, & I made a Co2 charged cylinder for the Innova, It had a manually operated inlet valve, ( A tiny lever )
    Here is one I am doing at the Moment with Aluminium foresight/silencer adapter & Aluminium breech, ( I am thinking of making this Co2 )
    Pics--[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I made these Aluminium foresight adapters & A number of other mods IE, High power ( Thats 3 pumps to 11.3 Fpe. )
    Weren't they called LSP carbine?

Images not working, would be intrigued to see them and also know how you managed to get 11ftlb with three pumps (if you don't mind letting me know, you can PM if you prefer)

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Weren't they called LSP carbine?
    For some reason, that does ring a bell

it was on 3 pumps after reading Geds write up -i do think if i started tweaking i could match his results
    i have a drawing somewhere of a twin valve dump set up that will auto cock but not sure on the practicality's of it
    air is fed to the first valve and when pressure in the second valve is released it shuts the feed to the first valve which in turn allows the second valve to shut and the air from the first valve feeds the second valve

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    air is fed to the first valve and when pressure in the second valve is released it shuts the feed to the first valve which in turn allows the second valve to shut and the air from the first valve feeds the second valve
    That made my head hurt!

Johnj
    Webley Excel, Webley Tomahawk, Air arms khamsin, Air arms Pro Sport, Bam B26-2, Bam B45-3, BSA Mercury, Sharp Innova (licenced Indonesian version).

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Thanks Ped, was this using just three pumps ? I would imagine the volume could be reduced by putting something within the valve body
    If you were to put something in the pot to reduce its internal volume like a piece of plastic tube for instance, fair enough you would reach pressure with less pumps but you would have less air stored, wouldn't that cause a power drop, i am assuming this gun has to be pumped between shots.

http://angryangryguncompany.blogspot...177-sharp.html
    In the article the guy says 7 or 8 pumps for full power but also says with fine tuning that can be got down to 3 or 4 pumps, either caliber. Thats some going to reduce it by half, they must be poorly set up to start with.

If you were to put something in the pot to reduce its internal volume like a piece of plastic tube for instance, fair enough you would reach pressure with less pumps but you would have less air stored, wouldn't that cause a power drop, i am assuming this gun has to be pumped between shots.

In the article the guy says 7 or 8 pumps for full power but also says with fine tuning that can be got down to 3 or 4 pumps, either caliber. Thats some going to reduce it by half, they must be poorly set up to start with.
    Thanks for this I'll have a read

I think an important benefit of a multi pump pneumatic is that you can regulate the power with the number of pumps.
    Not everyone wants max power with minimum pumps. Those 3 or 4 pumps for 12 ft/lbs will be very hard as ped told me.
    I do most shooting with 4 quick and easy pumps giving me 8 ft/lbs in .177. This is plenty for plinking up to 70 yards on a wind still day.
    When shooting 10 meters indoors, I do 2 very easy pumps, giving me 4.6 ft/lbs. Heck, I could even do with one pump for some paper punching.
    It's not all about power and Kensuke Chiba knew that.