Thread: Feinwerkbau P70 Match Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Progress Update.

Since my last contribution to this thread I have enjoyed shooting my Red Alloy FWB P70 match rifle as a Supported Air Rifle and to accommodate this I have made an extended front resting plate that just slides into the accessory rails under the fore-stock and a matching extended cheek piece from the same piece of hardwood.

Both these items can be easily removed to return the rifle to it original 10 meter match rifle configuration leaving no visible marks to blemish the near perfect condition of the rifle.

I also had a set of "lay-back" sight raiser blocks custom made to accommodate the revised SARS shooting position. With a set of brass pillars to give me the correct raiser block height to suit my personal SARS shooting position and a spare pair of slightly shorter front pillars to allow a rapid change from 10 metre shooting to allow shooting at 6 yards in the MPL SARS competition with only minor sight adjustments being needed between the two distances.

It easy to revert to the regular standing 10 meter shooting position with the original cheekpiece reinstated.

I also bought a genuine new FWB bench-rest butt plate to make this quite a versatile match rifle as with just a few simple changes and adjustments I have enough options to quickly change it to shoot 10 metres Air Rifle, Bench Rest or SARS - as well as being able to shoot at 6 yards for home practice and MPL SARS too.

My original thoughts about the "bulky" feel of this match rifle when compared to the generally lighter and slimmer feel of my Walther match rifles has largely disappeared the more I have shot it, and as I have added weights to my Walther match rifles to give me the balance and stability that I prefer they no longer feel so different.

Having achieved everything i wanted to do with this superbly accurate match rifle I now intend spending some time making similar adjustments and options to my Walther Anatomic match rifle to see if I can make it as versatile a rifle that can work as well as this one over all the disciplines that this rifle can now easily cope with.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-04-2020 at 09:20 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

P70

You have PM. I will take this please.
    Last edited by Peter C; 24-04-2020 at 01:43 PM.

P70

Funds now transferred.

Thank you Peter.

I hope you enjoy owning and shooting this rifle as much as I have.

Parting with it has been a long drawn-out decision that has not been easy for me to make, but after speaking with you I am confident that you will enjoy owning and shooting this match rifle and that it is more than capable of giving you good results.

Stay safe!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

P70

Thanks Bob,

I am looking forward to receiving it and having a go!

Regards Peter

P 70

Rifle arrived this morning and as described it's immaculate, could not have wished for more.
    Thanks Bob for a great deal, it's been a pleasure to do business with you.
    Stay safe and well.
    Peter.