Thread: Feinwerkbau P70 Match Rifle

Feinwerkbau P70 Match Rifle

I have reluctantly decided to sell my almost mint condition Red Alloy FWB P70 match rifle - mainly due to a lack of space at home since my retirement as I no longer have my gun room at work to store my collection of match rifles (and other curiosities)......and the fact that my wife (rather selfishly in my opinion) also wants to share the use of some of the rooms in the house to the extent that she demands that the doors can open freely and insists on actually being able to see the floor in some of the rooms too!

My Red Alloy P70 rifle has had almost no real use from new and it still looks like a new rifle and shoots like a dream - and it looks especially resplendent with its red laminated hand rest, grip and cheek-peice. This rifle would be an excellent buy for anyone that wants a seriously accurate match rifle to shoot as it shows no signs at all of any real life wear and tear.

This rifle may well become quite collectable in the longer term as it must be one of the best condition and least used P70 rifles around.

I did have the original foam box/packaging that it was delivered in, but I have bought a good solid hard case to keep it in and for transporting it, so packaging this will be dumped as it is taking up too much space in the house and it has no use since the hard case can be used for any future transport.

The rifle also has the correct matching serial numbered P70 handbook and test card.

I enjoy shooting the rifle on the RMTC club range and every time the rifle impresses with its performance and good looks - in short I am very reluctant to sell it - but "needs must" as they say.

I bought two new FWB cylinders as the original (although still working fine) went out of date, so this rifle is fit for use in any competition and will not fail scrutineering due to having an "out of date" cylinder.

SOLD with a hard case, two "in date" FWB air cylinders, optional SARS front resting plate and extended cheekpiece, custom made extended rear adjustable raiser blocks and a set of adjustable raiser blocks and a new FWB adjustable "bench rest" butt plate with adjusters etc.

I doubt it would be possible to find a better example of a P70 anywhere that has been cared for and spoilt as much as this one has.

Due to the Corona virus payment would have to be made by bank transfer or PayPal and would include carrier delivery as cash and FTF are not a current option.
    Last edited by zooma; 27-04-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The original cardboard and foam delivery packaging has now been dumped as it took up too much space and it's limited usefulness has been more than replaced with the hard case.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-04-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Interested

Hello - is this still for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by dalwhinie View Post
    Hello - is this still for sale?
    Yes this rifle is still for sale - although every time I take it to the club and use it I become a little more reluctant to part with it as it is such a nice rifle that has had very little use from new.

The sooner the rifle is sold the better in some ways because the longer it stays here with me the more I feel inclined to keep it as I doubt there can be a better example of a P70 anywhere (unless the factory have kept an unused example on display).

If this is a genuine enquiry to buy it just let me know and I would be happy to send you some pictures of the rifle for you to see, and if you decide to seriously consider buying it you would be more than welcome to inspect it and shoot it at 10 meters before parting with any cash.

I see you are located in a village on the shores of Loch Fyne ( about half way between Oban and Campbeltown) - a beautiful part of the country - but a long way for you to travel to see the rifle. I am guessing if you wanted the rifle to be posted then it would have to be delivered to an RFD in your area?
    Last edited by zooma; 23-12-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Still for sale? If so what you looking at ,£?

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE SADDLER View Post
    Still for sale? If so what you looking at ,£?
    Hi Dave,

My P70 is still for sale (only just - please read the threads) and the price is shown in the first thread.

P70 No Longer For Sale

Since first posting this thread (months ago!) a few things have happened that have made me reconsider selling my P70 - including the following ones !

To start with the rifle is still in "as new" and "almost unused" condition (and also has all its original documentation). There can be very few (if any) P70 match rifles as good as this one unless there are any new unsold examples lurking about somewhere?

I also really like the red laminated colour, the original cylinder has been replaced with two new genuine brand new Feinwerkbau cylinders recently bought from Germany (cost over £300 for the pair delivered) and the chances of finding another one this good again at this price after I sold it is probably zero!

Although I have had a few enquiries (for pictures) nobody has shown any real interest in actually buying it - even though I have also noticed that there are no other PCP match rifles for sale that look as young or have had so little use at anything like the price I was asking for this one.

Every time I take this rifle to the range it reminds me just how much I like it - and how accurately it shoots - and what a superb trigger it has (helped by some good set-up advice from Robin C).

Now that I have the chance to shoot "rested air rifle" at our club, this rifle will come into its own as it will be absolutely perfect for this discipline as its only slight negative is that it is not a light weight rifle - in fact it is quite heavy (and bulky) when compared to the latest crop of rifles such as the very slim and lightweight Walther LG400 - which is what I currently shoot !

Most importantly I have also found somewhere to store it safely at home when it is not in use so I have decided NOT TO SELL it.

Instead I will make a lengthened stock hand rest to convert it to a "senior" rifle for use in the new "rested" discipline - and I can easily remove this at any time to return the rifle to its original specification.
    Last edited by zooma; 09-02-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Progress Update.

Since my last contribution to this thread I have enjoyed shooting my Red Alloy FWB P70 match rifle as a Supported Air Rifle and to accommodate this I have made an extended front resting plate that just slides into the accessory rails under the fore-stock and a matching extended cheek piece from the same piece of hardwood.

Both these items can be easily removed to return the rifle to it original 10 meter match rifle configuration leaving no visible marks to blemish the near perfect condition of the rifle.

I also had a set of "lay-back" sight raiser blocks custom made to accommodate the revised SARS shooting position. With a set of brass pillars to give me the correct raiser block height to suit my personal SARS shooting position and a spare pair of slightly shorter front pillars to allow a rapid change from 10 metre shooting to allow shooting at 6 yards in the MPL SARS competition with only minor sight adjustments being needed between the two distances.

It easy to revert to the regular standing 10 meter shooting position with the original cheekpiece reinstated.

I also bought a genuine new FWB bench-rest butt plate to make this quite a versatile match rifle as with just a few simple changes and adjustments I have enough options to quickly change it to shoot 10 metres Air Rifle, Bench Rest or SARS - as well as being able to shoot at 6 yards for home practice and MPL SARS too.

My original thoughts about the "bulky" feel of this match rifle when compared to the generally lighter and slimmer feel of my Walther match rifles has largely disappeared the more I have shot it, and as I have added weights to my Walther match rifles to give me the balance and stability that I prefer they no longer feel so different.

Having achieved everything i wanted to do with this superbly accurate match rifle I now intend spending some time making similar adjustments and options to my Walther Anatomic match rifle to see if I can make it as versatile a rifle that can work as well as this one over all the disciplines that this rifle can now easily cope with.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-04-2020 at 09:20 PM.

P70

You have PM. I will take this please.
    Last edited by Peter C; 24-04-2020 at 01:43 PM.

P70

Funds now transferred.

Thank you Peter.

I hope you enjoy owning and shooting this rifle as much as I have.

Parting with it has been a long drawn-out decision that has not been easy for me to make, but after speaking with you I am confident that you will enjoy owning and shooting this match rifle and that it is more than capable of giving you good results.

Stay safe!

Bob.

P70

Thanks Bob,

I am looking forward to receiving it and having a go!

Regards Peter

P 70

Rifle arrived this morning and as described it's immaculate, could not have wished for more.
    Thanks Bob for a great deal, it's been a pleasure to do business with you.
    Stay safe and well.
    Peter.