Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying reloading kit in SE England

Buying reloading kit in SE England

I've just got a new 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle and am now looking for reloading kit. Factory ammo is £2 a pop and the NRA don't sell it...

Reloading Solutions don't have H4350 nor RS62 powders nor do they have Lapua cases and the lady I spoke to wasn't big on advice re dies.

Can anyone recommend any retailers in the SE / W London area where I could find 6.5 dies/powders/cases and bullets? Andy Allwood is a possibility but he is a Lee man and that's not my first choice.

Could get the dies mail order but that still leaves powder....

Thanks in advance!

Give Tim as GT Shooting (Coulsdon, Surrey) a call. I doubt he'll have dies but normally has a good range of powder. I do recall seeing some 6.5 bullets in there.

I'd advise not order the dies from him as it could take a while.......

There is also a chap in Chertsey who worked out of his house, but don't recall his name. Perhaps someone else can put a name to it.

Post edit. I think its this chap. http://www.itlshootingsupplies.co.uk/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Give Tim as GT Shooting (Coulsdon, Surrey) a call. I doubt he'll have dies but normally has a good range of powder. I do recall seeing some 6.5 bullets in there.

There is also a chap in Chertsey who worked out of his house, but don't recall his name. Perhaps someone else can put a name to it.

Post edit. I think its this chap. http://www.itlshootingsupplies.co.uk/index.htm
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I've just got a new 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle and am now looking for reloading kit. Factory ammo is £2 a pop and the NRA don't sell it...

Reloading Solutions don't have H4350 nor RS62 powders nor do they have Lapua cases and the lady I spoke to wasn't big on advice re dies.

Can anyone recommend any retailers in the SE / W London area where I could find 6.5 dies/powders/cases and bullets? Andy Allwood is a possibility but he is a Lee man and that's not my first choice.

Thanks in advance!
    No dies, no cases and no advice...they don't really deserve to have the name 'Reloading Solutions', then, do they?

tac

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post

Ian. I buy from him - and he also sells at the shows at Bisley. Which is probably a good place to go if you are looking for reloading gear. Next one is the Trafalgar meet on the 21st/22nd of October. Note he has loads more than is shown on his website - which is often woefully out of date. He isn't big on e-mail either. You need to call him.

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Cal...te=NRA&id=4016

There are various tents and stands selling all manner of shooting stuff at good prices. Ian will be there.

You may struggle to find Hodgedon or a fair few other American powders due to the upcoming eu REACH directive - apparently they contain some undesirable chemicals which are banned.

You can get most things mail order - even powder & primers if you are willing to pay for the extra postage costs.

Re loading

Wilson and Wilson also carry a good selection of reloading bits and for some odd stuff too....always worth a phone call first. They are in kent by Manston airport on planet Thanet!!

You could try Andy Allwood in Bracknell Www.tfsa.co.uk.
    I have used him a few times and he's a helpfull guy. He gave me a days reloading training ( inc. lunch ) with no obligation to buy
    from him when I first started reloading.

There is a bullet trading group on Facebook.
    There were a couple of ads on there selling creedmore brass.

Not ideal for your location, but DMC custom cartridges is a little further than reloading solutions, he has RS powders and got me sierra bullets at a good price. Not sure about dies but worth a call
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Fultons at Bisley stack RS62 as i bought some a few months ago.
    To destroy a people, you must first sever their roots. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

How about Roding armoury in Abridge.

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post

Thanks in advance!
    I have a kilo of elcho 17 spare if that gets you out of a hole, I believe it's the same as RS62 just without the markup...
    If you want RS62 as it is sold now I could pick you a tub and meet you in town for that pint I owe you?
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    I have a kilo of elcho 17 spare if that gets you out of a hole, I believe it's the same as RS62 just without the markup...
    If you want RS62 as it is sold now I could pick you a tub and meet you in town for that pint I owe you?
    Thanks Amir and thanks all - I'm shooting at Bisley tomorrow so will pop into Fultons - heard today that they have the bullets and powder in stock.

Appreciate all the comments. Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

6.5mm Creedmoor has exploded in popularity across the US and here, I am surprised the UK has been that slow (or as everything just sold out? )

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Elcho/Reloader 17 is the same as RS60 and although single based, it is impregnated with nitroglycerine making it burn very hot.
    RS62 is treated with camphor making a much cooler burning load.
    I have bought both in the last year from Fultons at Bisley so i assume they still stock them.
    To destroy a people, you must first sever their roots. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn