Thread: STERLING ARMS HR81 stripdown

STERLING ARMS HR81 stripdown

Can anyone help me with advise on stripping down a HR81rifle . I want to take the bolt come pellet probe out , but how ? I can see what needs to be done but I am very wary to start the job . HELP

Problems

I am only adding to this thread my friend as I was once in a shop moons ago - same problem ( as yours ) , the bolt needed removing - think the gunsmith said it had snapped clean orf ! It was a job and half so it sat for ages .
    I'd just get stuck in . No expert mind so ignore me . I have tried to fix something and although I am now never ever going to try again , don't ask , it was easy to strip down . I got piles of plastic throwaway food trays and heaped everything taken off the action in each , in series . left to right front to back .
    And took photos along the way .
    Digital cameras are ace !

Quote Originally Posted by swissmick View Post
    Can anyone help me with advise on stripping down a HR81rifle . I want to take the bolt come pellet probe out , but how ? I can see what needs to be done but I am very wary to start the job . HELP
    This may help, Mick :-

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us...8384/HR_OM.pdf

It looks like you remove the rear of the bolt housing, then remove the bolt handle locking screw, then the actual bolt handle.

All the best Mick

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I cannot remember doing it but If you go to the "Idiots guide sticky" at the top of the page, I think I covered it in post 113?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Hr81

THANKS EVERYONE yer got me there , big big thanks

aria

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I cannot remember doing it but If you go to the "Idiots guide sticky" at the top of the page, I think I covered it in post 113?
    I used your guide some years ago to fettle a HR 81.Thanks so much.