Thread: tx200hc

tx200hc

Hi after a few set backs i have come back to airgunnig and glad i put my guns in storage and not selling them as new guns seem to cost a arm and a leg today . what i need to find out is i have a tx200hc mx3 my wife bless her got for me some time ago but i found it to be harsh to fire with a lot of recoil i am thinking of tuning it there are a few kits you can buy for diy or is it adviseable to let a expert do it not wish to tread on toe or offend you can pm me with advice many thanks
    man its good to be shooting again

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Welcome back

I would start with a simple strip, clean and decent relube. It's quick, easy and FREE!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

thanks that was my thinking it has not been used much so a strip and clean will not do any harm. the fact that my 97 has been my go to gun has not helped

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Welcome back

I would start with a simple strip, clean and decent relube. It's quick, easy and FREE!
    ^^^^
    This. I would also invest in a new piston seal and comp tube O rings. The TbT Delrin Top hat and guide also trnsfered my TX 200 from a decent shooting gun to something really really nice.

A.G

The TX is a complete doddle to strip and service. Just add TBT delrin (remember to bin any metal piston weights). Stick to OE springs.
    Amongst the sweetest shooting springers the TX.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    The TX is a complete doddle to strip and service. Just add TBT delrin (remember to bin any metal piston weights). Stick to OE springs.
    Amongst the sweetest shooting springers the TX.
    hi are piston weights fitted when new if so what purpose do they serve and can i find out the piston size with out striping it down
    Last edited by ranger02; 23-09-2017 at 09:37 AM.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    The piston is standard across the TX200 mk 3.
    If you try a re-lube and still aren't happy bring the gun down to the bash at the end of October. Plenty of people will be happy to look at it and advise you. Lots of tuned rifles to try. Helped me decide how I wanted my rifle to feel

Pete
    Pete

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger02 View Post
    hi are piston weights fitted when new if so what purpose do they serve and can i find out the piston size with out striping it down
    yeah, as std it has a way-too-heavy steel piston weight. repalcing it with a lightweight delrin one is an improvement.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    yeah, as std it has a way-too-heavy steel piston weight. repalcing it with a lightweight delrin one is an improvement.
    Absolutely.

And, especially if it's a .177 you may need to add a little preload to restore power (the standard steel TH has a longer "base" on it) and quicken the feel of the firing cycle a little.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'll put in another vote for a strip, polish and relube.

But, I like a piston extension with the original steel tophat (at the moment) - this may change, I can't help messing about with it. I'll get it perfect one day

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    The piston is standard across the TX200 mk 3.
    If you try a re-lube and still aren't happy bring the gun down to the bash at the end of October. Plenty of people will be happy to look at it and advise you. Lots of tuned rifles to try. Helped me decide how I wanted my rifle to feel

Pete
    Adding or removing piston weight has a very pronounced effect on the way the shot cycle and how the gun behaves. You might have heard that a springer likes lighter pellets better. By adding piston weight one could try and balance the gun for heavier pellets and make it more consisent across. It really depends on what you prefer but I like a lighter piston with delrin top hat and preload washers.

A.G

Got it striped only one preload washer and there is a waxey sort of grease around the piston head but slide and spring are bone dry . is automotive lith-moly grease ok to relube or is there a type specially for the job excuse me if i am asking dum
    quescion but i have only ever striped pcps and this should easy but i not want to bugger up a good gun so i find it better if i dont know to ask some one who will know. your never to old learn

you can use automotive cv grease(lithium/moly) or buy some bumslide from Tbt .Tinbum who replied above will tell how to get it.

im sure Tbt has a video on stripping one and lubing it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2_ftMKgIc

Thanks i have seen bumslide for sale on one of two places i may get hold of some