Thread: Gun shops near ripley?

Gun shops near ripley?

Hi all,
    am going to Ripley rifles to get a gun serviced and being advised it may take a few hours but I can stay if I want and see him do it, only problem is I will have the youngest with me who will need occupying (hoping being in a gun workshop will be enough he is 11 after all) but failing that was wondering if there are any good gun shops stocking airguns in the area (25 mile radius) had a quick look and saw a couple but seem to be shotgun orientated, thinking drapers? is there anything else?

thanks

guy

Northallerton shooting and countrywear. Well worth a visit.
    If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.....

Gunshops

Walkers of Trowel.
    Wentworth sporting supplies in Arnold. very good shop.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

I was in Steves shed 2 weeks ago, lots of swarf about. He can talk the hind legs off a donkey, I drove into Derby for a mooch about, it took him 5 hours to service my AR5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zummerset View Post
    I was in Steves shed 2 weeks ago, lots of swarf about. He can talk the hind legs off a donkey, I drove into Derby for a mooch about, it took him 5 hours to service my AR5s.
    Why does it take 5 hrs

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Hi all,
    am going to Ripley rifles to get a gun serviced and being advised it may take a few hours but I can stay if I want and see him do it, only problem is I will have the youngest with me who will need occupying (hoping being in a gun workshop will be enough he is 11 after all) but failing that was wondering if there are any good gun shops stocking airguns in the area (25 mile radius) had a quick look and saw a couple but seem to be shotgun orientated, thinking drapers? is there anything else?

thanks

guy
    Not too far away is...

http://www.drapers-airguns.co.uk/

Just over 25 miles away is

http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    Why does it take 5 hrs
    No idea! When I got back his apprentice had joined him who must have been 50 years old+ lol.

Steve told me he started work in 1968. So I guess he works at his own pace with plenty of roll ups to break up the day, and a lunch break etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zummerset View Post
    No idea! When I got back his apprentice had joined him who must have been 50 years old+ lol.

Steve told me he started work in 1968. So I guess he works at his own pace with plenty of roll ups to break up the day, and a lunch break etc.
    And to be fair I think an 11 year old would be bored sh1t less in his shed, just big greasy/oily lathes and rows and rows of drawers of bits.

Dropped it of this morning at 10ish, the 11 year old was given a tour of his workshops that lasted 45mins!! He was very very interested being a shooter and quite mechanically orientated. Steve said 3/4 hours so have done anchor army surplus and drapers so far.... not impressed with drapers stock of second hand stuff or the grumpy git behind the counter!!!

Drapers

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Dropped it of this morning at 10ish, the 11 year old was given a tour of his workshops that lasted 45mins!! He was very very interested being a shooter and quite mechanically orientated. Steve said 3/4 hours so have done anchor army surplus and drapers so far.... not impressed with drapers stock of second hand stuff or the grumpy git behind the counter!!!

No change there then!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!