Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theoben breakbarrels: Top 3 dream list

1. Original 1982 Sirocco (historical interest).
    2. Countryman carbine (looks/handling).
    3. Pre-HE Grand Prix (performance).

FAC: Crusader (entirely for curiosity value).

Pre he Siroccos take some beating, my .177 evolution is my go to hunting rifle, not owned one yet but I've shot transporters SLR 98 and that was rather nice. Love a Fenman too, I'm also rather fond of my hw90tb. Do you know what, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Have to agree...
    Me too, I owned one of these for over 20 years, great gun.

Eliminator and Duel Magnum.
    .22 rapid mk1 profile mtc mamba 3x12-44 sbc
    .20 mfr simmons 1.5x5-20

I've had a few and liked them all at the time.
    I have an older Fenman .177 and SLR88.

My real issue with the break barrels is that it didn't take much to get a bendy barrel by letting it fly by not much; straightening is a pain. The underlevers are a whole lot heavier. All of mine shot well and twice as forgiving as any springer, still not a PCP.
    Love them all, some of the best looking and finished rifles ever. People say theHE isn't as good, but I don't think it makes a hoot of difference in any practical way. Shoot and enjoy.

fenman .22
    taunus .22
    fenman .20

I am however of the opinion that theres good and bad TB break barrels around, and the main variations in the trigger performance

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    My .22 Fenman Profile, but if I had to have three I'd get another two .22 Fenman Profiles
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Taunus, Fenman Profile, Scirocco 2000. All based on looks, always happy to shoot any in any calibre. Even 177 Fenmans are OK in my book!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

A crusader or Eliminator with one of those grey laminate stocks you could get in the US

I'd like to try some of the pre HE models as a lot of people say they have much softer firing cycles.

Indeed the Theobens are much loved here!

Hmm, saw one post stating "a Fenman with a steel spring". now why would you want to do something like that?

Also, some SLR 98s and 88s have made the dream breakbarrel list...A Dual Magnum too...I know these rifles have merit and are engineering masterpieces but let's hear what breakbarrels you'd all fancy having😉

I can say this, foe sub 12fpe a striking Hyedua stocked Fenman would be near the top, in .20 or .22

A Fenman Profile in .20 or .22 in lovely Hyedua stock

And I'd like to have another, not sure yet, but a thumbhole stocked gun would be nice!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPiston View Post
    Indeed the Theobens are much loved here!

Hmm, saw one post stating "a Fenman with a steel spring". now why would you want to do something like that?

Also, some SLR 98s and 88s have made the dream breakbarrel list...A Dual Magnum too...I know these rifles have merit and are engineering masterpieces but let's hear what breakbarrels you'd all fancy having��

I can say this, foe sub 12fpe a striking Hyedua stocked Fenman would be near the top, in .20 or .22

A Fenman Profile in .20 or .22 in lovely Hyedua stock

And I'd like to have another, not sure yet, but a thumbhole stocked gun would be nice!
    Some of the most gorgeous Theoben (Customstock) Gas Ram stocks are on Fenmans IMHO.
    There are superb walnut stocks on many of Theoben's air rifles, gasram or PCP (Rapid 7) but some of the early Hyedua versions were/are magnificent !
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Should also add ;
    Another subtle embellishment found on early Hyedua stocked Fenmans is the "elongated pistol grip".
    I searche'd high and low for ages for one of these and eventually found one on a splendid Hyedua stock which I don't think I'll ever part with !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Some of the most gorgeous Theoben (Customstock) Gas Ram stocks are on Fenmans IMHO.
    There are superb walnut stocks on many of Theoben's air rifles, gasram or PCP (Rapid 7) but some of the early Hyedua versions were/are magnificent !
    Agreed, more often than not, the stocks that make me do a doubletake o the FB Theoben Gas Ram group are all housing Fenman actions! Absolutely lovely, striking figure on the Hyedua stocks...sigh...note to self: keep looking, one day I will find one!

I also appreciate the functionality of the stock designs, especially on my 98s. The thumbhole stock feels like a target stock in the palm grip with the thumbs up shelf, and the adj buttpad is awesome. The sporter stock is also very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Should also add ;
    Another subtle embellishment found on early Hyedua stocked Fenmans is the "elongated pistol grip".
    I searche'd high and low for ages for one of these and eventually found one on a splendid Hyedua stock which I don't think I'll ever part with !

Hmmm, very interesting tidbit of information. So this is something found on earlier Fenmans only? A pic would help

Theoben wish list

There are only two rifles I would love to own, serial numbers 1000B and 1000C, both are .20 calibre and have been fully engraved by Don Blocksidge . These rifles were made to commemorate the 1000th sirocco manufactured, where they are now I do not know but the folding stuff is ready and waiting.