Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
I believe the smooth bore versions were offered along side the rifled versions rather than before and were aimed at funfairs etc.
With the exception of a prototype .22 I believe all barrels encountered on both models are going to be .177
Cadets have fixed sights whereas the Majors rear sight is adjustable,often missing and costs the same as the rest of the rifle in some cases.
In both cases there are earlier and later styles of stock. The later has a traditionally recognised stock bolt whereas the earlier has a screw in the rear of the trigger guard.
DCL Dave on here makes both the piston & breech washers for these and very good they are too.
Most spares are available from the usual places but the are pretty much bomb proof anyway.
Atb Phil

Thanks guys .
Fascinating info .
That so few are smoothbore means I won't chase that - I do have the option of a project - not exactly sure what it is as hidden away with somebody but soon may see it . When I was chasing other things , I would see these sat idle taken in as part ex's in shops .
Do remember thinking at the time what a nice little break barrel .
Recently I was surprised at how the dealers are charging for them .

The note re stocks above is off timely interest .
Was not at all sure on these.
Having seen the one described as a prototype - machined , in mahogany on sale on Monday's auction ( noted elsewhere ) , that got me thinking again on these little guns .

If anyone wants to add anything feel free .
I see so little on these little airguns - except here that is