Thread: Tx200sr

Tx200sr

I’ve acquired a 1996 model in .177 and I’ve been assured it’s not been opened up so I would like to give it a makeover, the stock is in hand but I’m needing some information as to the internals? Are they the same as the standard TX200? Or different? I’m guessing it’s a new spring and guides with a nice fresh relube.

Apart from the trigger extension and the sliding mech, basically TX Mk2 on the inside. Short stroke unlike the later TXs designed for 12 ft'lbs with barely any preload, easy to take apart.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

It probably won't need a new spring or guides, Air Arms knew how to make springs and guides in those days that fitted beautifully and seem to last forever.

I bought one a few years ago which needed a full strip-down. The trickiest part for me was remembering in which order to reassemble. It took me 3 goes to get it back together

New piston seal, cocking shoe, 2 sled o-rings (identical to TX breech seals) and replacements for the nyloc nuts that tension the sled. Other than that it was a simple polish and re-lube job. With the original 1993 spring it was 11.4ft/lb and capable of PCP accuracy with little effort from me.

Enjoy
    Keen but clueless..

Piston seal is the same, but you may find the older gun has a tighter comp. tube. I have a MarkI SR and the tube is a bit tighter than my other TX's. This means that you may have to size the piston seal.