Thread: Bsa improved mod.d

Bsa improved mod.d

Maybe this should be in the wanted section so mods please move it if that's the case. I'm looking to buy a really nice BSA Improved Mod. D with good clear stampings, original finish etc. I've bought several from auctions over the years but none are up to scratch as I can seldom attend the viewing day so have given up with auctions and this particular gun. Anyone want to part with a really nice one ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

imp mod D

Why not try Kempton Park " Airgun Extravaganza" 15th next month/ I am sure there will be lots there! It does not appear to be too far away from you either!

Quote Originally Posted by fenny View Post
    Why not try Kempton Park " Airgun Extravaganza" 15th next month/ I am sure there will be lots there! It does not appear to be too far away from you either!
    Never seen so many Improved Mod Ds in one place as at the last Kempton Park Fair, so I agree this should provide a good opportunity. Finding one in the condition described might prove difficult though and undoubtedly quite expensive.

Brian

I doubt I'll be able to do Kempton Park, also I'm impatient. Prepared to pay more for a really nice one, could even do a trade with cash adjustment either way as I have quite a few guns and kit of all sorts here, springer pistols, nice LP53, Web MK1, Junior, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    Maybe this should be in the wanted section so mods please move it if that's the case. I'm looking to buy a really nice BSA Improved Mod. D with good clear stampings, original finish etc. I've bought several from auctions over the years but none are up to scratch as I can seldom attend the viewing day so have given up with auctions and this particular gun. Anyone want to part with a really nice one ?

If you do decide to make the trip up Bob, let me know and I will meet you....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    So if I can go on a slight threadjack...

I'm not a proper collection, but I love the pre-war underlevers - I have a couple of lights, and they are great. A full size one seems to be on the cards... I'm not really a stickler for condition, but don't want a compelte dog either, as I just like to shoot them.

I can see how much they would generally go for on the BBS, but would a fair (such as Kempton - I'm defo going to the next one as I had to miss the last) offer similar deals ? I just naturally assumed after going to various Bisley Arms fairs that everything would be about twice the price I consider sensible...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    So if I can go on a slight threadjack...

I'm not a proper collection, but I love the pre-war underlevers - I have a couple of lights, and they are great. A full size one seems to be on the cards... I'm not really a stickler for condition, but don't want a compelte dog either, as I just like to shoot them.

I can see how much they would generally go for on the BBS, but would a fair (such as Kempton - I'm defo going to the next one as I had to miss the last) offer similar deals ? I just naturally assumed after going to various Bisley Arms fairs that everything would be about twice the price I consider sensible...

You will find traders and private collectors at the Fair, both with varying condition Beeezers, I would expect to pay £150 for a rough complete .22 Standard and upto £400 for a top etched example.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Thanks Binners, yeah, I was working around the £200 mark
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    If you do decide to make the trip up Bob, let me know and I will meet you....
    Will do.

m.d.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    P.M. Sent.

You have a pm for a rifle in Bournemouth

Thanks for the leads guys.