Thread: Japanese pioneer BB Kentucky long rifle

Japanese pioneer BB Kentucky long rifle

For sale my pioneer BB Kentucky long rifle, cocks and shoots fine , the hammer safety catch is all there but doesn't work , there are no cracks or splits in the stock but could do with a re-finish, also the patch cover on the stock is missing, I believe these were plastic so a replacement could be fashioned , these quirky rifles were only made for a year or two in the late 1970's early 80's and are becoming quite rare does anyone want it for £70
    Pictures on request

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    if it still cocks and fires OK, I'd like it please mate...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

if it still cocks and fires OK, I'd like it please mate...
    You're just greedy ... Ha ha. Yep, as a doer-upper project, once done, this will make the perfect part, of the second part, of a perfect pair of Pioneers along side the lovely example you bought from yours truly (and it warms the cockles of me wotsits to see two good friends who I have dealt with, well, in the past, potentially dealing together, too ).

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 24-09-2017 at 01:20 PM. Reason: because I can.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Pioneer

On hold for jon.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    You're just greedy ... Ha ha. Yep, as a doer-upper project, once done, this will make the perfect part, of the second part, of a perfect pair of Pioneers along side the lovely example you bought from yours truly (and it warms the cockles of me wotsits to see two good friends who I have dealt with, well, in the past, potentially dealing together, too ).

yes mate.. I want to have kentucky turkey shooting competitions now

(and I'm hoping comparison to your perfectly working one will enable me to fix anything on this one)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Pioneer

Hello Jon , have sent you some pictures .
    Rgds kev

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    yes mate.. I want to have kentucky turkey shooting competitions now

(and I'm hoping comparison to your perfectly working one will enable me to fix anything on this one)
    Hi Jon. Yep, always good to have a prime example to reference when restoring anything, so I am now doubly glad my example has gone to you -- and remember what I said about regular light oiling through the trigger slot to keep the hammer action and safety feature moving and functioning freely (prompted by a BBS member who correctly questioned the sporadic workings of said Kentucky's safety, I learned this relatively recently from member philipk5 on here who you also know, as he knows these rifles inside out and upside down, ). Photos once done, please. Atb: G.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 24-09-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: to correct philipk5's user name as quoted above, as had mistakenly left the five off.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Pioneer

Rifle now sold to Jon .