Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Original Eley wasp Pre Bisley Pellets

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep

Old Original Eley wasp Pre Bisley Pellets

Just got a full tin of the old Eley Wasp the blue tin in .22 5.6mm the pre Bisley ones off of fleabay it is in tip top condition with the warning paper insert but i had to pay £41 to get it and to think now how i got through many hundreds of tins full of them in the early 70s even an empty tin is worth a few quid these days and what happened to the empty tin in them days it became a target i am unable to put the link to it on here just old age but some of you more knowing young people may be able to do it you can find it under Vintage Eley Wasp Pellets in the completed listings if you could kindly put the link on or if you just want to have a look at them
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

'...£41...'

In my early airgunning career I normally used Marksman in the red cardboard boxes and Eley Wasp on special occasions like Christmas and birthdays.
    I used to by four boxes of Marksmen every Friday from my local pet shop (Taylors) and by Sunday I was getting low.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 25-09-2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I recently picked up a full (red) tin of .177 Eley Wasps for £15.
    They're in good condition as is the tin but I don't know what I'm going to shoot them in as yet.
    Just seemed to be a nice thing to have as you don't come across them frequently !

I have several tins of 5.5 Mauve tin and 5.6 Pale Blue tin both of which I use on my BSA Airsporters and Webleys.
    “An airgun or two”………

£41? Yikes.

At least that helps make Defiant Vintage seem good value.

I can sort of understand the interest in 5.6mm wasps, but not the 4.5s. There is a guy on e thing right now offering ten tins of .177"s for £170. But what do they do better than modern .177" pellets?

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep
    Forgot to say the postage on them was an extra £3.95 so total is just 5p short of £45 PS Don't tell the wife
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Don't know what to say - £41, I'm in shock...

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    '...£41...'

In my early airgunning career I normally used Marksman in the red cardboard boxes and Eley Wasp on special occasions like Christmas and birthdays.
    I used to by four boxes of Marksmen every Friday from my local pet shop (Taylors) and by Sunday and was getting low.

ATB
    Ian
    And when my dad used to get annoyed at how many I was firing - I was relegated to a box of 200 Disaster and how safe the neighbouring properties must have been as a result!

Quote Originally Posted by Yafflle1234 View Post
    And when my dad used to get annoyed at how many I was firing - I was relegated to a box of 200 Disaster and how safe the neighbouring properties must have been as a result!
    My parents were glad to see the back of me. After a breakfast at the weekend I would be out, all weathers shooting accompanied with several other airgun owning mates, down to a local tree lined valley. They would only see me at meal times. In them days we didn't have pedophiles - we had to buy our own sweets.

ATB
    Ian

Back in the day I used Prometheus pellets and some I can't remember the name but they comprised a black plasticclamp and a copper bullet you assembled in something that looked like a short pen.

Quote Originally Posted by zummerset View Post
    back in the day i used prometheus pellets and some i can't remember the name but they comprised a black plasticclamp and a copper bullet you assembled in something that looked like a short pen.
    Sabbo.

I've just checked one of my pellet boxes, and found two full tins of Eley Wasp .22's with a part used tin as well. I also noticed one of them has the ICI address on it.
    I have quite a few of the red .177 tins, but they seem quite plentiful anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I recently picked up a full (red) tin of .177 Eley Wasps for £15.
    They're in good condition as is the tin but I don't know what I'm going to shoot them in as yet.
    Just seemed to be a nice thing to have as you don't come across them frequently !

I have several tins of 5.5 Mauve tin and 5.6 Pale Blue tin both of which I use on my BSA Airsporters and Webleys.
    I picked up 8 tins for £40 yrs ago off here.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post
    Forgot to say the postage on them was an extra £3.95 so total is just 5p short of £45 PS Don't tell the wife
    That means i have £123 sitting in my gun cabinate bought them in 1992

My neighbour gave me an almost full box of marksman in proper .22 but I'm afraid to use them in case they might be able to pay my mortgage off in future!

Pellets

That seemed a good buy to me....especialy when i am trying to buy NATO pellets at nearly £1 a pop.....bargin!!