Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Original Eley wasp Pre Bisley Pellets

Whilst there is a few of the actual 5.6mm original wasps about, why doesnt a modern pellet manufacturer, take some laser scans of the old pellets, and make up some new moulds.

The New Bisley pellets marketed under the name Wasps are nothing like the original spec, and are plinking quality at best, where as the old spec Eley wasps seemed to suit the older british guns better than modern pellets, which seem much longer than the stubby design of the originals It wouldnt be a huge outlay for a volume pellet manufacturer., and would be worth it to preserve the iconic design dimensions ?

What are your thoughts, if £45.00 is anything to go by it could make them some money

Lakey

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep
    The good old Eley Wasps landed safe this morning wooooooo i just love em and worth every penny at £44.95 inc postage they take me back to my early air gun days of 45 years ago if any of you have any you are happy to sell please drop me a pm for a top price paid for them
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Wow! £44 and coin ??? ... I have three tins of genuine Eley Wasp blue tin 5.6 pellets, all full, which I bought off the bay of evil last Easter for £35 delivered, and two tins bought as recently as July for £25 delivered. Either I did good, or something about 'coming and seeing' springs to mind ???

But (and it is a BIG but, like the ex wife's lol), if you are happy with the price you paid, that is all that counts. Besides, if you wanted them, and wanted them NOW, then when concidering price versus retail therapy, the retail therapy should have the upper hand each and every time, so enjoy . Atb: G.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 26-09-2017 at 09:50 PM. Reason: couldn't resist the opportunity to ad a churlish pop at the ex lol.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Wow! £44 and coin ??? ... I have three tins of genuine Eley Wasp blue tin 5.6 pellets, all full, which I bought off the bay of evil last Easter for £35 delivered, and two tins bought as recently as July for £25 delivered. Either I did good, or something about 'coming and seeing' springs to mind ???

But (and it is a BIG but, like the ex wife's lol), if you are happy with the price you paid, that is all that counts. Besides, if you wanted them, and wanted them NOW, then when concidering price versus retail therapy, the retail therapy should have the upper hand each and every time, so enjoy . Atb: G.

You sure got some good deals there off the bay Gareth i also got a top buy early this year 5x mint sealed tins of the even more scarce Eley Wasp 5.5mm .22 in the mauve tin buy now £50 so snapped em up in a flash
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post

You sure got some good deals there off the bay Gareth i also got a top buy early this year 5x mint sealed tins of the even more scarce Eley Wasp 5.5mm .22 in the mauve tin buy now £50 so snapped em up in a flash
    Nice one Steve, and well bought. That is the name of the collecting game: sometimes you buy high, but you off-set that against when you sometimes buy low. Above all, however, keep feeding the collecting monster within.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.