Thread: Single shot loaders.

Single shot loaders.

With some rifles costing in excess of £1000 would it be too much to ask for the manufacturer to include a single shot loader?

Many rifles are used for ft/hft and a single shot loader is a must.

It should at the very least be a manufacturers option even at additional cost!
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Quote Originally Posted by zpaulg View Post
    With some rifles costing in excess of £1000 would it be too much to ask for the manufacturer to include a single shot loader?

Many rifles are used for ft/hft and a single shot loader is a must.

It should at the very least be a manufacturers option even at additional cost!
    The vast majority of rifles aren't used for HFT or FT. Why should the majority have to pay for something they don't want?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    The vast majority of rifles aren't used for HFT or FT. Why should the majority have to pay for something they don't want?
    'Many' does not necessarily equal 'the vast majority' and my first reaction is that I agree with the poster that a single shot loader / tray should be an option even at a (modest) extra cost. OK, there are some loaders available from other manufacturers but it would not hurt for the original manufacturer to offer them. In this regard, I think the Daystate tray is the simplest, but then you have the HW100 system which is excellent, albeit a tad pricey. AA seem to have options covered as, for example, the AA S400 and S410 options, but even for the 410 a single shot loader is available as an add-on from another supplier.
    So I think overall that the OP has a point ... there are many multishot rifles on the market that do not have a single shot loader; but then I wonder how many of these would ever be used in conditions that required a single loader? It would be interesting to do a review of the rifles used in HFT/FT and, if they are sold as multishot, see which are available with single loaders. Also record how many are single shot with no option for multishot?
    Cheers, Phil

I have a FX Verminator II which I bought really as a fun item but have since come to appreciate its fine qualities. However FX don't make a single shot tray and as far as I know there isn't one from any of the usual aftermarket sources.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Daystate provide one FOC with the gun - Yay!!! - but it's crap to use - Boo!!!

The Rowan versions are excellent though.

It would be a nice option to buy from the manufacturer - but I would not want it forced upon me, otherwise I'd have dozens of the buggers sitting in a drawer not being used.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I doubt if anything is free; but I find the Daystate one quite easy and simple to use. But then I never use the magazine option ...
    Cheers, Phil