Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Crosman Model 99.

Wanted Crosman Model 99.

Wanted Crosman Model 99.

I Know this is a bit of a long shot but does anyone have one of these they would consider selling as my father has all but given up trying to find one for himself.

Many thanks Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by rj707 View Post
    Wanted Crosman Model 99.

I Know this is a bit of a long shot but does anyone have one of these they would consider selling as my father has all but given up trying to find one for himself.

Many thanks Tom.
    The model 99 is not easy to find even here in the US. If one is really wanted, I would suggest contacting a shop in the US, like MAC-1, who also sells vintage airguns on the side. It still might take some time for a good one to show up. One nice advantage of working with a shop like MAC-1 is that they could service it prior to sending off. Of course, I have no idea on current UK import rules and no info on hand about factory stated power output of Model 99.

There have been a few for sale lately, a member on here who lives locally to me bought a nice one, looks like a solid made little rifle. Not sure if he still has it, perhaps he will comment on the thread.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

That's me Baz, yes I had one for a while, nice rifle, lovely wood finish. Think the metal work on mine has been redone, it was a gloss black, looked great tho.

I bought mine from gunst*r a couple of years ago, sure I've seen another for sale as well, maybe freeads

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    There have been a few for sale lately, a member on here who lives locally to me bought a nice one, looks like a solid made little rifle. Not sure if he still has it, perhaps he will comment on the thread.

Baz
    He says he sold it on for £220.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Actually I think the bloke I bought mine off said he also sold one or maybe two to lawrie armatruda (not sure if I spelt his surname correctly) on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    He says he sold it on for £220.

Baz
    Yes I did

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    The model 99 is not easy to find even here in the US. If one is really wanted, I would suggest contacting a shop in the US, like MAC-1, who also sells vintage airguns on the side. It still might take some time for a good one to show up. One nice advantage of working with a shop like MAC-1 is that they could service it prior to sending off. Of course, I have no idea on current UK import rules and no info on hand about factory stated power output of Model 99.
    The power was around 6-7ftlb as I recall

Crosman Model 99

Thanks for the information guys,
    We have been searching for one of these for a fair while now along with a Crosman 622 which is also proving rather hard to find. Its good to know the model 99 does sometimes come up for sale just have to keep on searching.

Quote Originally Posted by rj707 View Post
    Thanks for the information guys,
    We have been searching for one of these for a fair while now along with a Crosman 622 which is also proving rather hard to find. Its good to know the model 99 does sometimes come up for sale just have to keep on searching.

Are you likely to come to the Kempton Fair in a couple weeks? there was at least one there last time...

look on gun star the is a man in wales who sells a lot of crosman that's were my 99 and 70 came from the 99 has 2 power settings I use rws hollow points and super dome and keep the mag clean with wd 40 you just pull the hammer back to full cock power about 10 + fp and about 7+ on half cock and no its not for sale sorry I am looking for a scope rail for it the back sight is its downfall

funny the 622 model 70 and 99 are all on my list to acquire
    turned down a 622 a few years ago as he was asking 350 and had no pellet clips
    thought I'd sourced a 70 and 99 from a chap in Puerto rico but he decided to keep them and get them resealed for his grandsons

Looks like a trip to Kempton fair with my father will be on the cards,
    Will be trying to find a Model 99 along with a 622,766,761xl and a Model 66 Powermaster if possible.

766's come up all the time the first variant is the best imo but a bugger to reseal the valve
    761xl's are a bit harder to find

There is a 766 for sale on guntrader