Thread: Crosman 2250XL - scope recommendations

Crosman 2250XL - scope recommendations

Hi
    Could I have some "real world" reviews on decent scopes for a 2250XL rifle please, shooting up to 20/25 yards
    Thanks

i had a 2-6x32 tasco ( rip off from ) on my xt2250 kingratcatcher.( the one with the 88grm bottle) it had a 24" rabbit stopper rifle barrel on it . took a lot of rabbits with it . it had a steve darrell moderator on it (until i lost it ,fell out my pocket ) very quiet and light rifle . only sold it to fund my gun cabinet .

this one here http://hokiku.com/images/tasco_2-6x32AOE.jpg

BSA 4x32 essential. Perfect for the 2250. Had one on the one we have here for years.
    B.A.S.C. member

So much depends on anticipated use and, of course, budget.

For "general" use, I don't think there's that much wrong with the standard 4x32 that it comes bundled with.

However, if going up-market, personally I wouldn't want to go larger than a 32mm objective and AO. Fixed or zoom up to you. If pushed, I'd be plumping for a 2-7 and would be looking at a Nikko Gold Crown Air King, Sabre, Hawke Airmax and Hawke Vantage. There will be others. No particular order and, as previously mentioned, dependant on budget and which glass suits your eyes better.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I've got a Ratcatcher that came with a 'Zero Option' 4x32 scope which has great clarity and a very good field of view...Highly recommended.
    I believe they may have a buget scope marketed by Webley an I don't know if they're still available or not, but it's ideal for this wee gun.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I use the ubiquitous choice for compact rifles everywhere on my XL - The Simmons 1.5-5x20 whitetail classic
    Proper glass with no IR bollocks.
    Very nice it is too and it doesn't over-scope or ruin the balance of the gun IMHO.

Thanks all

Building not buying a 2250XL so forgot they came bundled with the scope, I’d been looking at the BSA 4x32 essential as they are currently on offer at Ramsbottoms for £23.29