Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luger Co2 BB Pistols

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Luger Co2 BB Pistols

Evening Gents. Following my post on Johnbaz's Crossman Pistol thread earlier, and the fact that a Co2 BB Luger is next on my pistol wish-list, thought I'd ask the Yodas of this here pistol section which they would most recommend from the following, and why?

Gletcher Luger (blued effect finish with brown grips)
    Gletcher Parabellum Luger (blued effect finish with black grips), and/or the
    Umerax Parabellum Luger (again blued effect finish with black grips)

Both the Gletchers are blow back I believe (?), and the brown handled Luger is my cosmetically preferred model, but am open to input. Also, why is the second Gletcher model, and the Umarex model also called Parabellums, as notwithstanding the colours of the grips, they seem identical, and all are under £130 new from BAR.

Thank you in advance and anticipation of all your thoughts and comments on the above pistols, as all info etc will be greatly appreciated. Atb: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth,

The parabellums are KWC guns and in my opinion are the best model easily available at the moment. Both the KWC guns and the Gletcher P08 are blowbacks but the Parabellum comes with a full sized mag that contains the CO2.

The P08 is not bad, but the KWC model is a lot better and often cheaper. I cannot see why real wooden grips could not be fitted to the Parabellum (though I haven't tried).

The naming differences are just a way of using a correct name but for different pistols, the P08 being a military designation and Parabellum being the commercial model.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thanks blooregard. Fantastic clarifying info and greatly appreciated.

ATB: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

KWC is the way to go.
    Very satisfying but eat gas having to blowback all that metal.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Ignore the Umarex Legends version. It's a non blowback hammer striker pistol. I'm not sure hammer striker is correct term, to clarify the barrel moves forward as pull the trigger. When the trigger breaks the barrel is released and hits the gas valve firing the BB. This type of pistol always has a long trigger pull & is quite weighty.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Yes, the original Gletcher (brown grips) comes with a skinny stick magazine.

Then the KWCs came out with the full mag. Umarex sells one.

Gletcher then decided to sell one too.

The toggle on the KWC holds open after the last shot. Not sure the orginal brown gripped Gletcher does.

KWC is also generally cheaper.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Thank you Gentlemen, all above info very gratefully received. Then a KWC Parabellum pistol it is then, cheers. Will get a WANTED advert up and running once I know I have the funds to proceed. Atvb: G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen, all above info very gratefully received. Then a KWC Parabellum pistol it is then, cheers. Will get a WANTED advert up and running once I know I have the funds to proceed. Atvb: G.
    Ahh, maybe not. Went to a couple of RFDs today and handled a couple of different Luger Co2 variants, and am sorry to say that they got lost in my shovel-like paws (too many gym and boxing years as a younger man resulting in me having fists the size of small puppies lol ), so my 'want' for one has been diminished. Thanks to all for your help, however, but it does now seem that only Dan Wesson Colt revolver sized pistols will fit me (and I want to be able to comfortably use all as in my collection). Atvb: G.

Whereas my elegant, ladylike, fingers find the PO8 a perfect fit. At least the real one, I've never used the CO2 replicas.

You might want to look into the Umarex 5/686, Umarex 92FS, BSA Scorpion, and the Gamo Falcon. All are suitable for the larger hand. The last has a truly huge ill-shaped grip that might suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Whereas my elegant, ladylike, fingers find the PO8 a perfect fit. At least the real one, I've never used the CO2 replicas.

You might want to look into the Umarex 5/686, Umarex 92FS, BSA Scorpion, and the Gamo Falcon. All are suitable for the larger hand. The last has a truly huge ill-shaped grip that might suit you.
    Cheers for the list. My BSA Magnum Pistol is 'Man Hand Sized' too, but the best Co2 fit to date, is my recently acquired Dan Wesson 2 1/2" barrelled nickel finished Colt.

Ahh, maybe not. Went to a couple of RFDs today and handled a couple of different Luger Co2 variants, and am sorry to say that they got lost in my shovel-like paws (too many gym and boxing years as a younger man resulting in me having fists the size of small puppies lol ), so my 'want' for one has been diminished. Thanks to all for your help, however, but it does now seem that only Dan Wesson Colt revolver sized pistols will fit me (and I want to be able to comfortably use all as in my collection). Atvb: G.
    In that case, you want a Umarex Desert Eagle

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I was also gifted with shovels for hands at birth so I understand your troubles. The SIG Sauer P226 & as already mentioned Beretta 92FS & S&W 586 are suitable for large hands. The H&K USP & 45 again have "sensible" grip sizes.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Cheers for the list. My BSA Magnum Pistol is 'Man Hand Sized' too, but the best Co2 fit to date, is my recently acquired Dan Wesson 2 1/2" barrelled nickel finished Colt.
    DW 6" Silver/Nickel would look good with that

Another thumbs up for the KWC, they can be 'weathered' easily too.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    KWC is the way to go.
    Very satisfying but eat gas having to blowback all that metal.
    Very true, what a gas guzzler! But worth it for the realistic blowback action. Very nicely built pistol IMHO.