Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rws Superfields any good?

Rws Superfields any good?

Hi all.
    I've done some pellet testing on my new HW99. Rws Superfields grouped best, followed by superdomes. Are the Superfields any good? I googled them & most of the reviews & opinions weren't great.
    Does anyone use them with success at hft distances?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    Hi all.
    I've done some pellet testing on my new HW99. Rws Superfields grouped best, followed by superdomes. Are the Superfields any good? I googled them & most of the reviews & opinions weren't great.
    Does anyone use them with success at hft distances?
    Thanks.
    Pretty hopeless compared to JSB/H&N in my PCP's. Shame cos they look really nice!

Both my 99s' shoot better with JSB RS and Express than they do with any RWS pellet. I'd suggest you give them a try...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardinDorset View Post
    Pretty hopeless compared to JSB/H&N in my PCP's.
    Same here with PCPs & springers.

I'm no expert but I've been led to believe that they are on the heavy side for springers?

That said, I tried them in .22 in my Lightning GRT, (abt 10 foot pounds at best), and by and large they were okay but with the odd flyer. I had this feeling though that I could get better results with others so i did not buy any more when I ran out. Are RWS ceasing production?, certainly in .177?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I'll stand corrected but I think the late great John Darling used Bisley Superfields in his Rapids ?
    They've never really quite "done it" for me though either in PCP's Springers or Rammers.
    “An airgun or two”………

I have a 99 on loan from ValeBoy and it too loves superfields. I did a bit of pest control a couple months back on seagulls and had no problems at all. I also shot a portion of an HFT course with them and accuracy was good out to 50 yards.. I like them!
    Donald

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardinDorset View Post
    Pretty hopeless compared to JSB/H&N in my PCP's. Shame cos they look really nice!
    Same here, it does make you realise just because a pellet looks good does not mean they shoot good.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I'll stand corrected but I think the late great John Darling used Bisley Superfields in his Rapids ?
    They've never really quite "done it" for me though either in PCP's Springers or Rammers.
    Used them myself to great effect in springers and pump up pneumatics in the 90's. Very different pellet to the RWS one though which I've found terrible in every rifle I've tried them in.
    B.A.S.C. member

I have found them pretty decent, in a fair few older springers. My BSA Scorpion .22" pistol, against all the odds, really seems to like them.

Both 5.51 and 5.52 fields are excellent in some of mine, better than jsb.

Rws-Superfields-any-good

G'day,

I find Superfields [.177] inferior to H&N FTTs in my rifles. FTTs give me tight groups; Superfields give much bigger groups. To my surprise though RWS Super H Points [a type of hollow point pellet] shoot really well out of my Anschutz 380 RT rifle and group tightly at about 24 yards.

Jim

via Ballarat
    Australia

I've a Cometa 300s that.they work well with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Yes he did and because of that I tried them. My BSA Spitfire carbine is extremely pellet fussy but the Bisley Superfields are very accurate, effective and only pellet it will shoot straight
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

In my springers RWS Superdomes .177 work really well; been using them for years and years.
    For my .22 it seems the RWS Super Fields work better than the .22 Superdomes.